Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 out of 10 cats

• 20-12-2022 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭

Is it finished?

I see loads of repeats on More4 but has the format been terminated for good now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There might be the occasional special (eg. Xmas special or something), but it seems to be done. Cats Does Countdown has been far more successful in recent years and they can film them far easier and earlier rather than where most episodes of 8oo10c which were done based on the week's news. Plus team captains kept changing in recent years too.

I don't think there's been any announcement of it being done, but I wouldn't bet on it coming back in any regular way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭amandstu

Thanks.I don't see the countdown version bring broadcast either (other than repeats)

I stopped watching anyway after Sean Locke finished up.I wonder if his demise did for the whole thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There were 6 new episodes of Countdown this year, all filmed post Sean's death. So doesn't look as if they've given up on that version yet.

List of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown episodes - Wikipedia

Episode 144 (the last of the series prior to my link) was the final Sean episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There was a new episode over Christmas, and another new one coming this Friday 6th January.

Its Jonathan Ross & Joe Wilkinson v Roisin Conaty & Ahir Shah. Anne-Marie Imafidon will be doing the Rachel Riley role due to maternity leave when they recorded it.

Advertisement