Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjustable weight bench recommendation

• 20-12-2022 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a good and sturdy adjustable bench. I'm upgrading from a cheap one so hoping for something a bit more cushioned and solid. Budget of 400 euro. It's for a home gym with tight space so will be used a flat bench also (ideally not much gap). Also needs to be moveable and to store upright ideally. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

400 is a decent budget.

I would consider waiting till January to see if there is a sale, but some good options-

The Utility Lite above is a good bench. If you spend more and want even more "zero gap" they have a selectorised adjustable version, although I prefer benches without that feature.

If you really will not use it on an incline I would consider just getting a utility flat bench.

Strength Shop have an adjustable riot bench on sale at the moment. You buy it vat free but will pay when importing it. Might be worth it but depends on their shipping these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The blk box ones back pad looks a little thin. Out of interest, why do you not like the selectorized design?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

In commercial gyms it's often something that becomes sticky or breaks. I prefer the simpler designs although you get less angle options depending on the design.

That Utility Lite is on the lighter side all over as the name suggests but tbh unless you're a bigger lad or benching big weight probably not an issue with any of these benches.

If you do want a thick pad some of the Strength Shop offerings might be better. Or Rogue EU although they're very heavy and I would say overbuilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I'm in the market for an adjustable bench myself.

Would anyone have any experiences with this one?

thanks

Advertisement