Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Analytics Start Up Advice

Options
  • 20-12-2022 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have just completed my masters in IT management and its clear to me there is a gap in the market in Ireland for data analytics. Businesses are not using their data to make informed decisions and improve their business. Does anyone have experience in this industry and have any advice.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

How do you know businesses are not using data analytics?

In the past 10 years or so everyone has been big into data analytics.

What advice are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You have a masters, and you're asking a general question like that in a forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

• Registered Users Posts: 4 20053721

Ye so I know this question is very general and I suppose that where im looking for advise is there a specific area of data analysis to target. In my head simply gathering requirements from the client and using the data to help them create proper kpis to improve overall business performance and help executives make better informed decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

But the majority of businesses already do what you are talking about.

All I am getting is you got a masters degree, have not worked in data analytics, you make a statement that business are not using data analytics which is untrue and then you want to know which area of data analytics to target.

My advice would be to get an IT job and learn on the job.

I am not sure how a graduate who is not even sure of what data analytics really is can advise a business on data analytics.

You seem keen and ambitious which is good but I am not sure how you are going to advise a business until you worked and are an expert in the field.

Best of luck with it, it is a very interesting area to work in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement