Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 4g mobile broadband location issue

Options
  • 21-12-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I got a Three mobile broadband router a month ago and it's brilliant, my landline was attrocious for the Internet. However, a couple of nights ago the location on my phone's weather widget on the homescreen changed to Volgograd and any Google searches now give me Russian results!

Three customer care don't seem to understand what I'm saying. When I turn WiFi off on my phone or use WiFi elsewhere my location in Sligo is correct. Any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IPs were sold from a Russian ISP to Three IE. The geolocation databases dont care to update regularly so there's usually a lag. VM have repeatedly taken in NL blocks for IE which confused SPs like this. I still get flagged as in Poland for certain sites and I've had this IP for a year or so.

Just manually set location and ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Is 3 down in the North West at the moment no reception for 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Would help to clarify your location as no issues in Letterkenny at the moment.

Advertisement