Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I think on the tickets it just says accompanied by an adult

You could message ticketmaster support and they could clarify

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Done Wild Roots Festival in Hazelwood County Sligo - Loved Mauro Picotto, my first exposure to a trance type DJ and the Church was a great trad and folky venue this year.

Done Body & Soul Festival loved Fabio Grooverider, Moderat, Alison Goldfrapp, Weval, Public Service Broadcasting, Beth Orton and Fever Ray amongst others.

All Together Now - Coming up in early August waiting with baited breath for Iggy Pop and Daniel Avery amongst other great stuff.

Field Day 19th August (first ticket I've bought in yonks, but mainly for the great Aphex Twin and staying in London for a few days with the niece.)

Electric Picnic - More for the working holiday and build up rather than the actual line up, all though there's a few in there I will be catching.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,399 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good few days in London

The ABBA Voyage was amazing visually, the staff/backing band were great and everyone in the crowd were really into it. Few bits were cringe overload and some notable songs missing (although there's prob scope to add them in later). I can see why it's so expensive for tickets (got lucky and got a resale for £37)

WWE SD and MITB at The O2

Next up is Motley Crue & Def Leppard in Marlay Park on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Next up for me is the Stendhal Festival this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Saw Maroon 5 in Birmingham tonight with the missus. They were actually OK. Adam Levine does have a good voice and it's strong live. I liked the stuff they did from Songs About Jane from 20 odd years ago but don't really know a whole lot of the new stuff very well. Moves Like Jagger Goes through me 😅 The crowd were hopping though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Ah it was still better than when she made me sit through Wicked! I'm not great with the musicals, I fall asleep half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not till next week but I can't wait.

From last night. This how to start a gig!

Excellent gig last night in Marlay Park by Def Leppard and Motley Crue (also honorable memtion for Mammoth Wvh who were good)

Next up is The Weeknd in Wembley Stadium on the 18th Aug

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Cruachan in Sligo tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It started with a dousing in Dublin on Tuesday

And a right Motley Crue they were

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

and then

Much Fairer in Scarborough on Wednesday. No parsley. No sage. No rosemary. No thyme. A Tommy, Alice, Johnny and Joe though

Thursday - This must be Hull. Live in Hull

Friday, Manchester. It ended with a KISS

Sum week you had @Beasty

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Just back from Cruachan, fantastic gig.

Last night on a very damp Derby County Cricket ground

Mr Ali Campbell with a glass off Red, Red Wine beside his water bottle

and after that little aperitif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Anybody know what time Morrissey will be on stage tonight at Vicar Street. And what time it's over at. Trying to plan my evening 😁

• Advertisement

Between 9pm and 9.15pm to 10.30pm ish I imagine.

Ok thanks !

Glad it's an indoor concert today 🤣

Excellent Morrissey concert in Vicar Street. His voice was amazing. Great band, songs and venue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Saw Ailbhe Reddy and Talos in IMMA tonight. Both were very good, but weather was awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Overhead, The Albatross were excellent last night the Workman's Cellar. Showcasing tunes from their forthcoming 2nd album , they sounded superb. Darker and heavier on some tracks.

Morrissey on form last night, complaining he's never been invited on Irish TV 😁 and Irish Blood, English Heart.. great version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

KT tunstall in the academy, terribly good gig and she looks amazing for 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I was there too, incredible gig! They were brilliant, and loud, new stuff sounds awesome. Crowd were bang on it as well. Really, really enjoyed it

• Advertisement

Advertisement