Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening ports on a Vodafone router

Options
  • 22-12-2022 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to open various ports on my Vodafone router ( Vodafone Gigabox), I've followed the instructions from Vodafone and the port isn't opened when I check via portchecker.co.

I've enabled expert mode -> Internet -> Port mapping -> added the port details. Do I need to disable another other settings? I've rebooted the router etc and I'm still facing the same issue.

TIA

Oonagh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Have you also enabled access through your PC's firewall, such as Windows Firewall?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Oonagh123

Yes, I’ve opened the opens on my machine and when I check using port checker.co the port is still “closed”

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

For what it's worth I've set up port forwarding on my Vodafone router to connect to my OpenWrt router for WireGuard. I also tried that website but it showed that the port was closed.

But on my OpenWrt I only allow traffic on that port with a certain IP address.

Not related to your question but for WireGuard it's a good idea to registry the Mac address with an internal IP as on reboot of your router you could give the OpenWrt router a new internal IP. You'll find this in Settings -> Lan Settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Did you ever get to the bottom of this Oonagh? I'm having the same problem with the Gigabox router. No matter what I do, the ports show as closed externally.

Advertisement