Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Meet January 15th

Options
  • 22-12-2022 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Following on from some satisfied comments after a few of us met for a run last Sunday I have decided to try to sort out another and this time throw it open to anyone who posts here and fancies coming along.

The plan is pretty much the same. A few of us who run at similar paces will do 90-105 minutes at 8:30-8:45 pace. Anyone who wants to slow/speed up their usual pace to tag along is more than welcome. Also if any groups of different paces get organized that would be brilliant too.

The plan, irrespective of any possible pace/distance differences, would be to meet up at 9.30am in the Phoenix Park visitor centre car park to run and then at 11.30 for tea/coffee/cake in the café.

I think it would be a nice opportunity for both reacquaintance and putting faces to Boards names.

Don't be shy 😂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Count me in😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Yep, count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

unfortunately it clashes with Leinster masters cross country 🥲😁 unless you move that meet & greet there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Ah I was avoiding the Dublin Masters. It's no big deal, a few of us will meet anyway but I thought that it might have looked a bit 'cliquey' so decided to throw it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

No worries. Nice Initiative though and if ok will try to join someday 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Meant to respond sooner. Thanks for organising. Extra curriculars are starting backup this weekend for the kids so I won't make it. If there's ever an early Saturday morning start I'll try make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Nice idea this, will try make one sometime I'm up in Dublin (not too often unfortunately).

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Would love to go to this but unless my injury miraculously approves I won't be able to make it.

If this becomes a regular thing I'd be happy to host / organise one around the Midlands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Would love to go but way to fast for me at the moment :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great idea, I'm in, although not around this week - hopefully next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Whenever I make over of them I'll be bringing up the rear at ~6min/Km so there'll be a group for the slower folks who want to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Wottle

Looking forward to joining yous for some of these.

With regards to pace, who gives a shlt, they should be super easy, sociable and full of chat.

I've done plenty of runs down at 10 & 11 minute miling (6 to 6:40 km pace) and they're super enjoyable, so don't let that put anyone off.

Post edited by Wottle on

Abolutely agree - if the pace is too easy, just talk more = similar workout! 😀

Post edited by Murph_D on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

The most important things of the meet up would be chats followed by coffee afterwards, paces would be irrelevant.

Hopefully make it on Sunday but won't know until later in the week.

9am at the visitor centre. A handful meeting up...any lurkers, DCM Grads etc more than welcome. 🙂

Well that was fantastic. Thanks so much S for taking the initiative.

Would encourage everyone to try make one of these, a really enjoyable way to spend a Sunday morning.

Great Sunday morning spin, and only the one small hill to navigate towards the end of the route 😀

Said it earlier but I was so impressed with how you calculated that distance and route so quickly.

Plan was 11 miles.

We were coming up to (I think) the roundabout at the Zoo and C turned to Lainey and asked what we were at, she replied 8.4.

C goes 'right, two and a half left, let's go this way'

He brought us through that little park, up a demon of a hill 😄.

We got back to the visitor centre carpark bang on 11 miles. Coogy's watch beeped 11 miles actually at his car.

A wizard 😄😄

It was more luck than anything, you just sort of get a feel for distances in the park when you are in it all the time.

That hill out of the Rose Gardens is a killer.

• Advertisement

I find the PP so complex, really need to run it more.

You will never be short of variety in the Phoeno, there was almost a detour up the Kyber this morning. Oh maybe we could get really brave and go up Knockmaroon one run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

A very enjoyable run at the weekend .

Plan is to do it again on February 12th. Run will be 10-12 miles dependent on who is there. Hopefully the same crew plus a few more can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Would love to meet at some stage - maybe if you are still doing meet-ups in the autumn might be nice to preview some of the DCM course - I could practice MP running with you lot on your long slow runs ! Does anyone meet for lunch time runs? Hoping to get into the office once a week for the foreseeable and I know at some stage I’ll have to drag myself out a lunch time run . Can’t believe I used to commute and run at lunch like on the same day . Seems like a big effort now .

I would hope/expect that we will be still meeting in the autumn. The whole idea should be better suited to people getting more involved when the fair weather runners venture out 🤣 Seriously though, I expect that company on longer marathon prep runs is something quite a few would appreciate. In time maybe the spread of paces increases as well.

Absolutely nothing wrong with using this thread to try to arrange some runs for yourself either. Part of my thinking was to in some way bridge the gap between us being an online running community and being a running community.

Post edited by skyblue46 on

Same again on Sunday morning. 9am at the visitor centre. It may not suit too many who have abandoned their families to race over the past 2 weekends. Lazare, Laineyfrecks, myself and possibly Damo will be there anyway. For us it's 90 mins (strictly 😉) at 8:30-9:00 pace. Hopefully a few more will tag along.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Won't make this, in the South East for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Thanks for organising this, S. Timing so far has been unfortunate for me, deffo hope to be around for the next one. Enjoy the run and the refreshments.

Advertisement