Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking AIB Loan or Overdraft

• 22-12-2022 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience but I'm trying to get an overdraft and/or a loan from AIB and am running into total chaos. I tried online and was directed to the call centre. I tried the call centre and was told I'd have to go into the branch. (Wtf? You have to go into the branch in this day and age?) And then when I finally wasted a chunk of the afternoon going into the branch, they said, "you have to ring the call centre". You couldn't make it up. Do they want my business or not? Anyone else run into this sort of idiocy?

[Edit: Title to represent query]

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Their website boasts of quick decisions and suggests it can be done online. That's bad service.

I applied for an AIB credit card a few months back - approved quickly and got the card within a few days. I had to pay stamp duty to April 2023 when closing my UB Mastercard so they issued me a letter to give to my new credit card provider. Trying to send that to AIB was very difficult. Rang the credit card centre who said I couldn't email them with it, but could email a scanned copy to the branch which I did. Branch didn't acknowledge so had to send reminder email to them. They eventually responded and said I have to bring the original letter in so they could take a certified copy of it. So had to queue up and do that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I you were rejected on line and at the branch then I guess they don't want your business - you don't meet their criteria. Have you tried any other institution?

Advertisement