Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to change transmitter from attic?

• 23-12-2022 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if this is possible?

A relative has aerial straight into tv in Dundalk. Gets irish channels and on/off UK channels.

A TV repair guy was over lately and he said he went into the attic and said he changed the transmitter to point to Camlough instead of Clermont to improve the signal.

He wasn't on the roof so didn't touch the aerial.

It sounds plausible but anyone know how this is done from the attic?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Likely he installed an amp in the attic to boost the signal. Are both transmitters in the same general direction?

An aerial has to be pointed in the general direction of a transmitter to receive the signal from that transmitter, the aerial should cover the frequency range for that transmitter (the aerial group).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭muloc

Yes both in general direction not that far from each other. I never saw any booster up there but I'll have a look next time I'm over

Advertisement