Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deciding on ideal exchange rate alert

• 23-12-2022 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Good evening folks,

As someone who regularly transfers money between Ireland and the UK, I am interested in trying to get the best value exchange rates.

I noticed that a number of platforms allow you to set a rate alert so that you are notified when exchange rates hit your ideal rate.

My question is, how does one decide upon what that ideal rate should be? Do you look at the average for a particular period (days, weeks, months, years) and set it at an above-average rate? I'm not clear on how one decides on the best ideal rate that is still realistic.

TransferWise (now known as Wise) used to have a rate alert feature that would alert you when the exchange rate reached a two-week high but they seem to have removed that for some reason which is a shame. 

Advertisement