Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

While in the middle of writing a jealous post here as to why others got a shipping email and I didn't... Boom... Email came and I only bit the bullet the other day so I assume we're all going to get out emails this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

So you've placed an order 3 days later, but got info about shipping earlier - makes sense!

Just joking of course, probably we'll all get notification at some point today... I hope.

That's actually normal - companies like Exertis, Amazon, Google, etc. have agreements with carriers and can allocate shipping number BEFORE giving parcel to the carrier itself. UPS/DPD will update the info on whereabouts of the package once they have it in their network - so now it's probably still sitting in the warehouse, waiting for the carrier to pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Very odd the tracking email from Samsung brings me to ups but your correct if I put the number on DPD it recognises it.

"Parcel data received from sender"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's done in order of bollixes. The biggest bollixes get them shipped first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd imagine that may be that they're using UPS in the USA (the link in the email opens the US UPS page), and they didn't update it for other territories.

DPD Ireland does recognise it but currently just says the data has been received from sender which would be normal in my experience too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Richardc9052

I just got a text from DPD. My phone is being delivered between 11:54-12:54 today 👀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I don't understand which way there doing this. How are we all getting different updates and delivery couriers if all the orders where placed on the same Samsung website? Where are yous even getting tracking numbers? I have got one email from Samsung and that was to confirm the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Just got a mail saying mine was shipped. Lets hope it arrives today. Its DPD delivering but my invoice says UPS.

• Advertisement

I ordered on 2nd Feb.

Still showing as "Order Confirmed - ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS" on the Samsung site.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JOCookie

Got the dispatch email now as well. Like others linked to UPS but if I go to DPD it picks up there. Strange.

Be great if it's DPD as I find them best for me.

I got the same. The only indication I got that my phone was even moved from order confirmed was the delivery text I received 45 minutes ago saying I'll receive today 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I just checked their Parcel Wizard app - nothing yet but I find it pretty good for updates and normally get a text as well on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Just an FYI if you don't receive it today DPD also deliver on Saturday. I have received a few delivery's on Saturdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

It's actually DPD?

I've had more items go 'missing' with DPD than UPS, FEDEX/TNT, and Fastways combined.

The fact it will be absolutely obvious that the contents are just released / somewhat expensive eletronics wont help either.

Wouldnt' be remotely surpsied if a week from now, i'm still wondering where my phone is.

The email is generated as soon as the exetis lad prints it out and sticks it on your box. There's probably 1 fella in the warehouse taking phones out of box A printing label sticking it on and throwing into box B.

It's all manual . Believe me been there done that. It's why stuff is staggered. He's working down the list.

You shouldn't preorder that early. Apparently people who ordered phones last are getting them in first place. Which makes perfect sense - they weren't sure if they want the phone in the first place, so they held up with their preorders, so just in case they change their mind, Samsung will send them phones as soon as possible, to make sure they get them before they say "ah feck it, I don't want it anymore" and cancel. Samsung is a smart guy and knows, that those that ordered the phone in 1st or 2nd day of preorders want them really bad, so those people (me included) can wait a little bit longer.

Still no word from Samsung, DPD, UPS or god almighty about my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I ordered on 5th Feb directly from Samsung website (not via Revolut or student website).

Genuinely that doesn't happen. At all.

It's a list. It's a guy in a warehouse. There's no nuance to it.

• Advertisement

I have been rocking my OnePlus 5t since 2017 so I didn't even think about that 😂 I just got excited and ordered.. I'll update if the text is correct and it arrives today!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Lol...I just got my delivery: buds only :D

Pending phone and case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

This is my shipping update.

Note : I hid the tracking number using "Object Eraser" feature 😁📝

You don't say... That's shocking!

BTW: I got email about shipment just few minutes ago. Ordered on 02-02-23

Well sarcasm can be hard to read tbh. But people may read your message thinking ordering early results in what you said. When it doesn't.

Just trying to keep folks informed properly. Rather than conspiracy.

So I got the email and the tracking doesn't work with UPS as mentioned but does with DPD strange one indeed!

My case of course is coming from Poland (Spigen) so the estimate time is the 15th. Taught that would come before the phone on the 17th ffs!

Same for me - UPS link in the email takes me to US UPS site, which doesn't recognise tracking number, but Irish DPD website shows update which matches info on Samsung webiste. Anyway - I don't expect it today, but it's good to know it's finally happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Still radio silence on my end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Looks like the S23 Ultra took a massive price hit on adverts. Was all over 1300€ few days back and now under around 1190€

Thats a big drop already even before official release

Advertisement