Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I guess way too many folks selling it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I miss when Adverts was more of a community thing. All these shops spamming the same ads over and over every day or two is very annoying. Plus the general feedback on many of them seems to be that it's no better than taking a punt with a private seller anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ordered through VF and got shipping notification a little while ago, coming via An Post.

And it's just not shifting at the higher prices most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Ordered on the 1st through Three and got shipping notification this morning through An Post, still no tracking info.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

I know this is the S23 thread but I went in to one of these shops last weekend to buy a Fold 4. Advertised as brand new, sealed box in the pictures, €1100ish. Well over 1K positive reviews.

Your man comes out, told him I was the fella from Adverts here to buy a Fold. He disappears and comes out with two phones, proceeds to drop one, picks it up and places them down. I knew at this point I wasn't buying from him. Opened them up, clearly used with smudges everywhere. One had a bit of paper stuck in the hinge. Said I thought they'd be sealed, he says they were just opened to check (dunno why people still use that line) and he had sealed ones too but they were €1300.

Anyway, left, bit the bullet and bought direct from Samsung. The peace of mind is worth it for another couple hundred imo, and I think the S23 is a great price with trade ins and coupons (for someone like me who doesn't change phone every year at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oisen098

I had ordered s23 ultra , cover and few other items from samsung on the 2nd and got message this morning from partner that package from samsung had arrived . i got no email or tracking code or anything. So with a smile on my face i told partner to open box up to chewck what had arrived and low and behold everything i ordered was there except the phone and cover.

Partner said the box they arrived in was already opened.

So I emailed exertis saying items were missing and they responded few minutes ago

"The rest of your order will be collected this evening by the courier for delivery on Monday."

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Richardc9052

My delivery today was also everything other than the phone and cover 😅

I spoke to Exertis Dublin. Phones will arrive early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

My DPD order was also just the charger I ordered.

Ordered phone on 1st and my orders page is also still just says "ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

think they have lowered trade in value for phones on samsung.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kissy_Lips

no email for me yet.

I need to find alternative tech to trade in. Trading an s10 for the phone (€265) and intended on trading broken airpods for the buds2 but I can't find the airpods. I have an s7 but the feckin thing wont turn on to reset it. I'm sure it's still filled with texts and photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Got another email from Samsung there a while ago. Same as the one this morning but the link now goes to the DPD tracking page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Just to clarify on the trade in - looking to get the S23 - you select Trade In, Earphones, Any Other Device, and they'll give €125. Does this seriously work for the old wired headphones, i.e. AKG ones etc that used to come with the phones?

I'm shocked if it does, but a scan of reddit etc seems to confirm that Samsung accepted any old headphones for previous offers. Is this correct??? Thanks a mil!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I was gonna do the same but read the T&Cs which has a list of devices. Ended up having a really old tablet that's on the list so sending that instead to be on the safe side.

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/trade-in-terms-and-conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Thats strange. They literally say "any other earphone". I think the T&Cs are for which devices get listed, not the "we only accept these".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone know the S23 versions you can get in Harvey Norman will be single or dual (2 physical) sim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Ha - I do have a very old tablet (Any other tablet is listed), but I use it exclusively for the Irish Time app - I'd rather not part with it if an old pair of headphones will do!! However €125 for it is a fair bargain if it comes to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 marcobon

Ha.. I ordered the S23 Ultra through Vodafone and have not received shipping notification or anything yet. Hopefully soon... I wonder if it would be available on some places like Harvey Norman or similar already?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Nope, the brick and mortar Skype are getting s23s on 17th. I was today at HN in Waterford and that's what they told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

TBH you could be right, I didn't want to take the risk. It means sending a broken tablet instead of broken headphones so not too much difference for me!

If anyone does send something not on the device list please post here so we know for future years.

I spoke to official Samsung distributor in Dublin. If you purchased using the official Samsung Ireland website then you should get the phone "early next week". That's what they told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Same... Money was taken from the account and I got a screenshot of the order number. No email, nothing. Any update from your side?

Edit: got a confirmation there

Post edited by rizzee on

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I see mine is with DPD now. Just updated at half 7. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Mine says "travelling through the DPD network" as of 19:19. Be nice to get it this weekend, except the cover hasn't arrived yet! 🙁

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

10/2/2023 at 19:58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 marcobon

Nice - Update from anpost (Vodafone order): "...has now arrived with us for delivery. We will aim to deliver your item .... on the next working day." Fingers crossed!

Advertisement