Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Been there and done that last year.

I made a complaint to which they said sorry to hear my experience and they will continue to improve.

I sent the phone back by registered post again this year.

If they don't receive the trade in phone then they can block your new phone until you pay the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sent my trade in back today as well. Paid the €9 registered post though for peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 htcocacola

Just dropped it into the post office this morning never had any bother sending them back before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Gonna be honest Samsung Gallery and its edit functionality is excellent. Absolutely excellent plus it has better folder management than Google photos.

FYI, you don't have to disable it. You just don't have to use it. It will sit there unused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'm still using the S22U version of this case on the new phone. New camera area is larger so it's not a perfect fit but it's better than the official S22U clear case and it's always handy to have the option to stand the phone up.

If anyone else is thinking of getting one, I'd say go for it. There is a bit of bulk where the kickstand is, but to me it's something like an OtterBox case just for the kickstand bit rather than having that bulkiness all over the phone. Always found them too big!

I got a Spigen case once before and didn't see what all the fuss was about, it was decent but not worth extra cost and shipping* compared to a super cheap clear case which is not far behind on quality but a fraction of the cost.

*went to Amazon to buy the ESR case (sold out) and see they have Spigen cases with prime shipping so things have changed. Going to wait for ESR to come back into stock however.

I ordered via ESR website as its not available on amazon. It took 7 working days to arrive.

I got the pack a couple of days after the phone arrived.

Scanned fine in the post office and they gave me a tracking receipt. Confirmed as delivered to them on 21st but I haven't received any confirmation email yet that it's processed.

Strange the way it doesn't scan for some people, my local post office seems pretty old with no 'hi-tech' scanners or the like.

I traded in a tablet for €175, if it was a phone for €500/600 I'd definitely be sending as registered post.

Cheers. €30 incl. shipping and they've only the clear one. Got it for £13 on Amazon 4th March last year so will hold on a bit longer to see if the black one comes into stock there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Anyone know what Samsung/Exertis are like for returns? Was having some problems with 3D secure yesterday and ended up with two phones ordered. Sent them a message on the Samsung site straight away, then phoned and emailed Exertis this morning but no reply and I've just got two texts from DPD with two deliveries coming.

Can I refuse one of the parcels and they'll return to sender? Or would I be better returning it myself? It's not too far out of the way and would rather drop it in in person if they're open to the public for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I 've not received mine yet. But I only pre-ordered a week before release. I've sent back many before.

When did you pre-order? Not that it really matters. Don't worry you'll get it eventually?

There's no real panic on it. Even if it was late,as in past rhe expected return date!

That's on them, not you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone have a weird bug on the "sleep" mode and routine. Mine turns on normally and back off again the next morning but it automatically sets an alarm for the morning which can only be manually disabled each day for the next day and not permanently disabled. Very annoying. I've tried to set up a new routine and turned off the alarm but it keeps popping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

cant understand how some post offices are bamboozled regarding these return labels and others are able to scan them and provide receipt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭CptMonkey

I still haven't got my trade in pack but I ordered on the last day of pre order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Maybe I'll try it out I just hate having apps I don't use sitting there ha.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

10% voucher offer is not available --- \\We're sorry! This offer isn't available at the moment. Please try again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Have an S22 and thinking of upgrading due to the crap battery on the phone was looking at the ultra,Samsung are offering me €265 for an old S10 that I have. I am thinking about doing the trade in is the new ultra battery any good?

• Advertisement

One of the best thing I notice in S23 ultra is the excellent battery so far

They offering me 456 for the S22 so going hang on ro it as a back up, So just thinking of going with the S10.

Also Harvey Norman will offer me 40e less on a trade in with the S10 so not sure if going with Samsung is worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I got offered a really good trade in deal with Vodafone today. They will give me €300 trade with an old iPhone 7 I have making the upgrade to the S23 ultra only €350. I’m coming from a long run of iPhones ( my last Samsung was a Note 4 and the saga of those phones bricking themselves after about 2 year out me off them for a while )

Just wondering if the phone being supplied by Vodafone likely to be dual sim? and can anyone recommend a decent case?

Never knew that the networks offer a trade in I'm with 3, Must check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Neither did I until I enquired about the upgrade price of the phone. Whatever promotion that’s on at the moment there is a blanket €300 trade in with any of the phones on their list, plus they would add on the trade in price for that phone too. In my case the iPhone 7 was about €50 so in essence I’m getting €350 off the upgrade price.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I sent my trade in via the free post option. I got no receipt as it did not scan in the post office. Just received a mail to say trade in is complete. I can relax now 😁. I sent it Wednesday last week and received the mail today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I got the update available on my phone yesterday, I haven't updated it yet, how badly does it affect the battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

It hasn't for me. If anything, the battery has been getting better and better. I've had it 2 weeks to day and when it first optimised it said 1 day 5hrs estimate battery life. Now its at 1 day 11hrs. I'd comfortably get 1.5days, could stretch to 2 if needed. Mixed usage.

Got the trade in confirmation email.

I wasn't going to bother get this phone initially due to the cost but thanks to @Fwarder to the idea to trade in a broken item which changed my mind!

Ended up with a net cost of €529 after 10% discount code, €175 trade in and sold S22U to cex for €609.

Too good a deal not to take!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Seen the S23 Ultra 512GB in a shop today for €1249 new. Don't know if its European or Asian variant

Right so I've gone for the Ultra did the trade in with Samsung and managed to get a discount code, So when sending back the old phone will I just put it in the original box and post it back?

No, they usually send a separate envelope with a bag inside it.

Peel the address of the letter and stick it on the sealable bag then bring to post office and can take about a week to get confirmation after sending it.

You need to put your own bubble wrap or cardboard in to protect you old device.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kissy_Lips

Gomo doing 5g for 15 quid. 

€14.99 a month, FOR LIFE. All Calls. All Texts. All Data. 5G Included.

My S23U is my first sim free phone. I might switch from three. Anyone else thinking about it?

I am using 48 and happy to recommend. It's €12 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,509 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm with GoMo the past few months and have no issues with them.

Is anyone having issues with quoting on boards using the Ultra? If I try to quote a post, I am not able to get the keyboard to appear to put any text in.

Saw a few people mention the ESR cases and ordered one but haven't received a confirmation e mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have trouble with the keyboard disappearing when trying to post on boards. I'm using Samsung keyboard

• Advertisement

No issues here.

On S23Ultra and using Samsung keyboard.

I got confirmation within few seconds of ordering ESR case.

@youcancallmeal yeah that keeps happening to me if I try to quote a post plus it keeps putting a lot of blank spaces at the bottom so I'm scrolling forever to get down to the post button. I have also noticed that at times, even just for a text message or on Twitter, that if I'm typing away, suddenly it will randomly pick a word already typed and start inserting new text in the middle of that word.

I am using 48 Network on S23U.

I saw a thread on boards that some people are moving to GoMo 5G for a better Internet. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It might be location dependent but I found Eir/GoMo's 5G speeds awful. Always got faster speeds on 48 4G so switched back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Go to Samsung keyboard settings > Suggest text corrections > disable altogether or for specific apps.

Also try Samsung keyboard settings > Select third party content to use > disable grammarly

Grammarly really messes with text inputs sometimes, it destroyed a few of my keep notes before adding thousands of blank lines

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. The first suggestion worked a treat 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Anyone know how to claim 6 months Disney+?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Its in the Samsung boost app that was preinstalled on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Did anyone trade in broken earphones for the phone - there seems to be no restriction on the type of headphones so wondering could you use an old wired set against the phone

Phone arrived today anyone know what's with the charging cable supplied, Normally it was USB to USB C, The one supplied is USB C to USB C?

I know that I can still charge the phone from my old charger, I'm just curious on with the change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement