Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

With regards to timing of the phone - on pre-launch , mine was very easy to remember last year , S22 received on the 22/2/22 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Urgh I had a feeling this was going to happen, looks like just extra storage for pre-orders, no buds or anything like that. The rumour could be wrong though.

https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/1618901511970619392?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ah

I remember just one week after the launch, things settled down and more offers kicked in like Revolut 15%.

But again dunno if it will be the case this year.

Prices are bit high!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That's pretty bloody ridiculous. And guarantee you they knocked the prices up like that so that they can seem like they are giving you a deal on memory when in fact they are merely taking money off you with bonus add ons.

No invites so far to event yet. Anyone else register?

• Advertisement

I didn't get any personalised link but its saved in my Samsung calendar. The link there takes to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Last year you could use groupon for 10% off, revolut for an additional 15% off, and on top of that, you could sell those headphones on adverts for an additional 100e off. And then you also traded in your old phone for a few bob off to begin with. I guess those days are gone

Begs the question what's the point in pre registering. It used to give you a discount code.

Fantastic stuff from samsung this year .... ..

Yeah, by the looks of it, so far, it's not looking good for folks who are updating phones on a yearly basis (me included) 😥

I.e. previous years, you were almost losing money by not spending money on the latest ultra😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd be surprised if they didn't offer some kind of discounts - maybe not as generous as last year but they'll have to do something to entice people away from their old phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I think the fact that there's only 40 posts on this thread says a lot about the interest in this, especially given the prices indicated and the fact that there's very little real reason for most people to upgrade from anything older than the 20 series.

I am in the market for an Ultra to replace my current Note 20 Ultra - but only because it's getting cascaded down to my son whose Note 9 (again one of my previous phones) is starting to show its age and struggling a bit.

If it wasn't for that though I would happily hold onto the Note 20 Ultra another year at least. It does absolutely everything I want with zero issues and as it's a snapdragon version it's better than the local equivalents we got.

If there's not a very good offer on these at or shortly after launch, he may be getting an S21/22 or something. 😊

1 hour to go for the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Does anyone know for the student discount do you need the email and login details of a Unidays account or could you get a student to give you a code?

Last year it was login and not a discount code.

Thanks Masterboy. That makes it a bit harder!! It might not be worth my while upgrading this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

I had the S22+ and now I've the Fold4 so definitely not getting this phone. Those prices are madness if true!

Have we ever even gotten the storage bump promo in Éire? Thought that was a Samsung.com USA exclusive.

I am thinking to switch from S22 Ultra to Fold 4.

Do you recommend this transition?

I registered for it last week. No emails or anything.

Maybe it's just me?

Same here, not sure what the point was if they didn't even send out emails to let us know the event was on

I registered too. Didn't get any email either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

The Fold is class, I've only had it since Christmas though. Phones nowadays are so "samesies" that it's great to have something different. The camera is great, the screen is great, the battery is great...the under-display camera is cac haha

But if you could wait the Fold5 should be out in August

This "Epic nights" filler trailer gets very old very quickly!

Very heavy on the environmentalism anyway, or maybe they're just going for the Matrix vibe with all the green 😂

Samsung site is now showing pre-order options, it's double storage as expected. Also 1459euro which is even higher than expected for the S23 Ultra 256gb

Looks like you get 6 months Disney+ if you order.. Wow! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Yeah I'm absolutely out here. No way I'm paying those prices, only €550 value on an S22+ 256GB and no pre order gifts bar needless storage upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Thinking about the ultra. They are offering 690 for my iPhone 13 Pro 128GB

It's crazy money for what is still only a phone when you think what else you can get for 1500 quid.

I think they've gotten this one wrong myself.

so if you go with 15% student discount, then there's no 512 for the price of 256gb. Deffo not worth it. For thia kinda money might as well go with iPhone and keep better resale value :)

• Advertisement

Only offering 685 for the S22U 512GB. Bit gammy when their giving crap old Iphones more value.

Cost to change up 729 cash.

Advertisement