Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Hello, quick question,has anyone had any problem with the storage.(512gb).my phone when swapping over info and apps from old to new s23 ultra ..it's telling me the storage is full..but yet the old phone has 30gb only..any help please..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Was available since yesterday for me, think it's 930mb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I did exactly what you done apart from sending it registered post and got an email back saying trade in completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

Got a good deal today (I think) with S23 Ultra 512GB (less 15% + 2% Revolut + €405 S10+ trade in) so €763.60 all in. Also seems to be a €300 Adidas voucher. All in all I think it's not a bad upgrade for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

use Save15 to get a discount of 15%.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Very tempting! Would I be mad to change from my iPhone 12? Had android before that but quite like the iPhone now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Beats the iphone 12 in almost every category, even though the 12 is already a solid phone. If you're after a change I'd certainly recommend it, I went from the 14 Pro! I got this on pre-release and I don't think anything beats it as an overall package at the moment. Still love it when I pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pnott

I upgraded to the S23+ from the iPhone 12. I was hesitant about making the jump to Android, even the sales person in Vodafone tried to talk me out of it. I did it anyway because the iPhone 14 is just ridiculous. Every time I pick up my S23 I am just blown away by what an amazing device it is. The screen alone is worth every cent. The battery life is outstanding. Android has improved significantly in the past few years, to the extent that I am starting to prefer Android over iOS.

Ok you and @rizzee have convinced me! Trigger pulled on a 512gb in cream. Hopefully it all goes to plan with the trade in

• Advertisement

I would recommend if you can going to a store like Harvey Norman and trying it out first just to make absolutely sure its something you are comfortable with. The S23 has an always on display and a variable 120hz display so scrolling through websites, the OS and so on is buttery smooth. Any device that is locked at 50hz like the iPhone 12, 13, 14 just looks weird now lol. The only thing that I miss about the iPhone 12 is the FaceID. S23 has a built in under the display finger print reader which works extremely well, on par with Apple's TouchID but I do sometimes miss the ability to simply look at the phone to unlock.

You're dead right there. The face unlock on Apple is fantastic in fairness. Lucky to be using a glass protector that is flawless with the fingerprint, face unlock on certain apps and smart unlock when connected to Garmin watch / home area / car. Makes it less of a burden. 512gb cream too, rocking a Pitaka case! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

You can use facial recognition to unlock the s23

It's quite basic compared to FaceID, not as secure, can't use for payments etc

You can but unlike FaceID its not done with a special 3d mapping hardware. The S23 just uses the front facing camera to detect your face. It is much less secure than FaceID and can only be used to unlock the phone. Can't be used to authenticate apps or make payments etc

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Having the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, is there a way to make notifications on the lock screen actually useful?

I'm getting stuff like this for say Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger

Can't it actually show a message preview and the names of the people the messages are from like every other phone I have?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

Anyone know what the criteria are for returns?

I got the standard S23 a few days ago and I'm in two minds about whether or not to keep it. I like the size and the camera is really good but the battery life is just ok and the charging is pretty slow compared to OnePlus.

Will they accept a return if it's been used at all? Plastic is still on the edges and can put the screen sticker back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Joekers

Once you take it out of the box I do not think they will refund unless faulty.

They can't resell if the seal is broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Personally I wouldn't want it to myself.

I've an iPhone 13 for work and can't get over the fact that there's still no fingerprint scanner - something Androids have had for years and which older iPhones DID have as far as I know.

Leaving aside the (IMO) far more limiting and cumbersome UI of iPhones in general, the fact that a "premium" phone doesn't include what is now a basic security feature is ridiculous.

It has to be within 14 days. Read the documents they sent with the phone.

Got my adidas voucher and trade in accepted today!

Starting to get used to the phone now, it took some time! The sheer size of it is a bit awkward for carrying around but I guess once used to the big screen it is hard to go back to a small one!

Think I'll get the Galaxy watch 5 pro to go with it

Post edited by coach22 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

I've the same combo (and buds2 pro) and they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 catbro3

I really want to buy a s23 but wouldn't really use the adidas voucher.

Do you think they'll offer something else next month once the adidas promotion is gone or do they generally stop offering incentives to buy? I know it would only be speculation at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more offers. I see now they are upgrading the storage from 256gb to 1tb for the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭matzen

Was going through the order process, and the price for the 1TB jumped from €1457 to €1597. Apparently it's a system glitch if you sign in, so it was recommended to order without signing into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

1tb showing up for me at €1065 with the trade in of an old broken phone + discount code 'Save15' at the checkout!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

For the trade-in deal, does the "old phone" have to be one within their definition of Existing Handset in the T&C's? I have an old Motorola (2014) in a desk drawer but would that be acceptable does anyone know?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've just got an S23, and am disappointed that the screen appears a lot more "washed out" than my S9..... is there some setting that I can adjust?

I'll have to stick with the S23, as the battery was beginning to keel over in the S9, but I have to say that was my favourite phone, ever!

(as an aside, I'm with VF, and have been keeping an eye on offers for ages, but the price for an upgrade remained stubbornly the same - but I rang them the other day and got it for €100 cheaper)

Advertisement