Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Kaiser l did all those steps. All l get is the 512 gb s23 Ultra reduced to 1459 from 1639 and the 256gb S23 Ultra is 1459. No reduction. Maybe l'm missing something? Thanks for explaining all the steps. I would never have found it!!

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Careful with this approach the trade ins via revoluts samsung affiliate are lower than samsung direct. Mine was 100 euro in the difference between the 2. Revolut being worse off

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

There's no saving on the Revolut app from what l can see. It's exactly the same as the Samsung Ireland shop.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

It seems Samsung have copped onto the different tactics used to maximise discounts. Using my student unidays log in the phone is cheaper but the trade value is worse so its much of a muchness. I remember getting an insane trade in for my S20+ off the S21 Ultra pre order 2 years ago (was around 700 off). I only got 505 combined with the 10% groupon off the S23 Ultra using my current S21 Ultra which is still ok but not the slam dunk it was two years ago.

The snapdragon processor, double memory and camera bump is enough to justify it for me but i'm interested to see how many upgrade from the S22 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm going from the Note 20 Ultra myself but as previously mentioned, it'll be cascaded down to my son (plus it wouldn't accept it as a trade in as it's a non-EU Snapdragon model anyway)

I'm still very happy with the 20 but himself needs a new phone and his birthday is coming up, so... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

It accepted my Snapdragon (US) 22 Ultra's IMEI without any complaints (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Are we looking at 17th Feb delivery? Sounds like some EU countries already have them on sale in stores already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

No more discounts so far!

Holding tight and lurking for a hidden discounted deal 😉😅

Actually looking forward to this now. By all accounts so far the camera is significantly better in all aspects than the S22U. Including video department and stability. Fairly noticeable leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Jayno66

Can anyone tell me what condition a trade-in phone needs to be in to be accepted by Samsung? I followed the link through Revolut for the 15% discount, when redirected to samsung.com it says "get up to €450 off any phone, in any condition". Once I select the upgrade option, it lists a number of criteria that must be met for the upgrade to be accepted, including "functioning display and no cracks" and "no signs of screen burn". My S20+ has a small crack on the screen, as well as some mild screen burn. Can anyone offer any insight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Pre-ordered mine on Wednesday after the announcement and got an email from three saying that my delivery date is next Tuesday the 7th.... Hope it's true.

Your screen is cracked and you have screen burn which means it doesn't meet the criteria. If you trade in they will bill you for a new screen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I went from Note every year, to Fold (hated it) to S22 Ultra, couldn't be arsed with this 1, total meh to be honest.

Battery tests for it are coming out now as pretty stellar. Close to iPhone in mixed tests and smashing the existing S22U. 9 hrs 43 to 11 hrs 15 soc with mixed use.

Camera and battery will make me upgrade from S22 Ultra to S23 Ultra.

Will pull the trigger next week 🔫

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Anyone get a case yet? Not a lot on Amazon. I like the Spigen cases but none on Amazon UK. Better choice on the US and a few on the German Amazon. But the shipping costs don’t make it worth it.

Folks do we know if the S23U 512gb has 8 gb or 12gb of ram? Just realised it never specified on my order and all the review sites say it comes in both.

I got the mous limitless I had the older version on my s21U and it's been great. Not overly bulky but great protection

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

My understanding is that the 512GB and 1TB versions are 12GB RAM, whereas the 256GB is 8GB RAM.

Hoping I'm not wrong.

• Advertisement

A lot of third party sellers like three, Harvey Norman etc have the 512gb version as 12gb ram

Post edited by jones on

There's something gauling about paying 45 euro plus for a piece of rubberized plastic. All of the case manufacturers are losing their **** if they think these inflated prices are legit.

You'd get an excellent case from spigen for 12 to 25 euro in the past. Madness stuff

Decided to pick this up for starters. Cheap enough and looks slim not dissimilar to spigen

Natbok for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra https://amzn.eu/d/2wHNtaM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

That's me EXACTLY @Clareman. Upgrades every year....hated the fold and couldn't wait to get rid. Jumped on the S22U 1Tb and there I'll be staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I ordered one from spigen directly, got the tough armour for €28 including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

Anyone got a groupon code for the Ultra? Generating a code not working for me at the moment.

ESR kickstand used to be best. But says currently unavailable.

Yeah I agree in general but I've bought enough cheap cases over the years which flatter to deceive. One drop and your fucked. I've bounced my current s21U off the ground multiple times over the past two years and not a scratch on the phone due to the mous case.

Plus i already have the mous car mount accessory so jumped on board again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

Just upgraded to the Ultra 512gb. Had the s23 plus and s20 plus before so hopefully a nice upgrade. Went with green as had the s23 plus in green and liked it.

Went through the samsung site but paid with revoult. Going with revoult link it was costing 928euro for 512 gb or 775euro for 256gb as could not add the other discount code.

Got it for 711.16 euro with trade in and discount

Phone 1459

Discount 145.90

Revoult cash back 15.26

Trade in 550

Advertisement