Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Fair play, how did you manage to get the cash back through revolut and the discounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

Not sure. I paid with my revolut card and the cash came out and the cash was just added back. I used the samsung.com link not the link from revolut

I did go into the link on revolut and activate it first to see what price they offered. Than tried samsung and got it cheaper there. activate the offer in revolut first than go to samsung site.

Used code VCe8a5bd50 for the 10%, might work for others

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I pulled the trigger this evening on one of these. Not much of a trade in as I have a Huawei P30 Pro but €260 is better than nothing.

I was getting a bit fed up with the reduced functionality of the Huawei due to the American apps being blocked and the camera in the S23 Ultra is so tempting for someone like me. It'll be great to have such a camera in the phone as sometimes, depending where I travel to, I hate taking out the camera as it can draw the attention of beggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Galaxy S23 Ultra Green 512 GB +

Galaxy Buds2 Pro Graphite +

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Screen Protector Transparency +

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Smart View Wallet Case Black 

All for €1,247.85 with 3 discounts

10% off with selected products with the Galaxy S23 Ultra: 169.80, included

10% off of the phone with Groupon discount: 131.30, included

3% Revolut cashback : 37.45, an order paid with Revolut card, cashback was applied instantly

2 trade ins: 175+25, included

plus

another trade in with CEX : 222,

and

10% cashback with Complete Savings: 101.45, expected to get in the next 90 days

Total : 924.40

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

Been fairly let down by my iPhone 14 Pro (came from a regular 12) and thinking of giving Sammy/Android another go.

Looking at the trade in options since my Airpods and Watch are useless to me now and I'm a bit confused. Will Samsung accept Airpods when the case has been engraved? For the watch, it doesn't specify if I'm trading in an Apple Watch SE Second Gen, just says SE. Will that cause any issues? Also, just in case I'm missing it - I assume I can only trade one item?

Is anyone else having issues generating a coupon code? Keeps giving me an error message. I have a unidays account I could use but I have seen they don't double the storage if you go that route...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

Your AirPods should still work with the Samsung.

What annoyed you with the 14 pro? I’m torn between that and the s23ultra if I do trade up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have had several iPhones now with work (currently have a 13) and genuinely, I don't get why these things are so popular!

I'm not trying to start a Droid vs Apple war, but I just find them far too restrictive, minimal customisation options, and missing even basic features like a fingerprint scanner. Then when they DO bring something new you'd think they'd invented the wheel, as opposed to just catching up with the competition.

But that's me!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

Apple are big on claiming they invented the wheel alright. I moved to the 12pm last time for the Apple Watch. Very tempted to go back to android tho. But I can use either ios or android. Both have good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ya have one for work and find them incredibly frustrating. I'd have no interest in buying one for myself. For all the same reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How do you redeem the 6 months of Disney plus if u have pre ordered phone?

Can't find anything anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

You'll have to wait until you get the phone, then using the s23 redeem it through the samsung members app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

So I pulled the trigger on this cold morning ❄

S23 Ultra 512GB

Paid €678 with my S22 Ultra traded in.

Note: ordering via my existing Samsung account was costing about €40 more (maybe due to email linked with Revolut or student). So I opened up a new account and ordered via regular website.

Any thoughts when will they be shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

a quick check on complete savings springs a little concern, have you successfully used them a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Dammit. I have absolutely 0 self control. Just purchased s23 ultra after saying that I wont and that I'll rather buy iPhone. Hear me out:

Phone+buds+screen protector+rugged case:1586

Discount for non working earphones: 175(against phone) + 25 (against buds)

Discount groupon:10%

Revolut cashback for me is 3%

Grand total of 1254

I'll sell the buds on donedeal for 120.

I also sell s21 ultra for 384 (CEX).

New grand total: 713e

Wife finally moves on from s21u with 128g storage to my s22 ultra and I get s23 ultra. Not as good of a discount as last year (I got the phone for 600) but it is what it is 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

When are we hoping for Samsung to start shipping these? The excitement is killing me!!!!

has the groupon code disappeared ?

Yes, got a cashback paid on the previous purchases, sometimes a follow-up email is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Oufff that's terrible!!

I used it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I'm trying to trade in my old tablet and it's asking for imei. However its WiFi only so there is no emei number. It's tab s2 so I picked any other samsung tablet for 220e.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

VC69e9c32b

10% off...you can thank me later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

If you use everysaving.ie they still give out a 10% code. I have to say the number of different ways to get this through samsung along is staggering.

If you go through revolut (with the now 2% cashback apparently) you get the epp shop which offers the ultra for 15% off. There is no double memory offer.

so its €1095 for a 256gb Ultra or €1248 for a 512gb (including a €145 trade in for a random brick)

With the voucher on the main store its €1138 for a 512gb (the double memory offer applys and its €175 for the random brick trade in)

You could also get a s23+ 256 for €956 on the epp (with €105 for a brick) VS €999 on the regular store (€125 for brick).

I will go with the 512 ultra I think - best combination of offers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Official release date in Ireland is 17th, If delivery is like last year then some orders will start shipping on Monday 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Does Ultra 256gb comes with 8gb ram only? I think only 512gb is 12gb of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

I ordered s23 U 512 at 1103. How did you reach at 999? I had a trade in as well 210 for a watch. 10% coupons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone have any spare 10% codes that they wont be using? Was going to hold off for a week but didnt think they will get rid of the codes online

you can get one here https://www.everysaving.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

What colour did you guys get? I noticed a fair few ordered the cream one (myself included). Mine will be hidden behind a case anyway but just out of interest was wondering what the most popular colour was. Dying to get my hands on the new camera it really seems to be a game changer for Samsung according to reviews i've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I went with the green myself. I would of went for the purple if it were a darker shade and not lavender.

Advertisement