Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

You'll get the plastic bag/papers later on I believe.

Another fun fact:no more "free rides" with that transparent screen protector for the time being before installing some 3rd party option. Now the phone is supplied with pitch black screen protector :(

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

That's really irked me. I got my S21 over 2 years ago and the original screen protecting film is still on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My case hasn't arrived yet so I've ordered a backup on Amazon that'll be here tomorrow. I think I'll leave the phone until I get it as I don't want to be out and about with it unprotected either.

I've never bothered with screen protectors myself as I can never get the things on right, but I can't say I've had much issues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Richardc9052

I got a text saying delivery today between 1-2 but Samsung website still showing being processed by exertis. On Friday I got my charger, so today could just be the case... Fingers crossed it's the phone 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Security Scan

Dpd Dublin West

13/2/2023 at 6:30

All I have so far.

In town till later so hope I know soon what the crack is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

think a screen protector should be highly considered, the device is not cheap. you have no idea when something could happen to cause a scratch or similar. there's fairly decent tempered glass protector kits available, bit pricy of course, but like dashcams, you wish you had them when its too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I can't believe that there isn't a pre-installed screen protector on it! Had one on the s21 Ultra and I didn't think of buying one! Must look at getting one now.

Wait it doesn't come with the plastic screen protector on it already?

I found that they just increase anxiety over damaging your screen because they shatter so easily.. I've had my OnePlus 5t like 5 years now and I had a few screen protectors at the start. Got fed up and removed them, the phone has received worse hits and was perfect up until a few weeks ago when I lay on it, face down into gravel.

• Advertisement

That is **** bullshit of the highest order ffs.

If I had of known that I would of ordered one before now. Don't even know which one to buy ffs.

s21 was the last time they applied factory screen protector. i think they stopped due to environmental, which is a bit off as their separately sold tpu screen protector contains more plastic waste then if they had just factory applied. quite disappointing

I don't take this environment crap as a valid reason these companies couldn't give a **** about saving planet ha. There just cutting costs like everyone else. I swear getting so fed up of paying more for everything these days yet getting less.

un-sure why that would be, if you had a screen protector on your device perhaps you would be pealing that off as damaged after the gravel incident, leaving your actual screen, without issue. its preventative for the unexpected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭jones

Its funny i was going to order with Dbrand too but i noticed they weren't due to ship until the end of the month plus i thought there might be customs issues coming from the US/Canada. It wasn't worth the risk for me so i went for the Mous Limitless 5.0 (i had the same case one on my S21 Ultra).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭kilsmum

Jones l was looking at the Mous Limitless 5.0 case too. Was that 64.99 on their site?

Kilsmum

When i ordered it was €54.99 on their website and 10% off with your first order. But note its 6.49 for delivery but its very quick.

Any recommendations for screen protectors on Amazon or are they all same? Phone be coming in the next hour or two!

There's Samsungs one.

Up until now I've been using Whitestone dome all this time, but I think I'll stop that practice

• Advertisement

I'm surprised there's no factory screen protector on the s23 Ultra. I've never been one for screen protectors but the factory installed ones are great.

Yeah ive bought so many of them over the years there pretty much all same quality it's more just getting right fit. Really wish they had of just put one on it ffs.

Exactly the fit does be perfect no messing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,509 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Only the phone arrived for me. So waiting on the charger, screen protector and silicone case with strap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Samsungs FP sensors are sh!te with glass protectors, unless it's a highly rated Whitestone or similar where it's compatible with the US sensor.

I'll be trying out a generic glass protector (there was a 2 pack for €18 on Amazon and don't have that ridiculous hole in them) with 99% certainty I'll have issues with the FP even after registering twice. Face unlock and pattern will be grand.

That I cannot argue with, there is a good chance that would have saved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Phone arrived, no screen protectors or case though. Not going to do anything with it for now as I was planning to take off the black screen protector and immediately put on a proper one so there will be little chance of tiny particles of dust/dirt under it. It's frustrating especially when I don't know when they are coming. For now I can just admire the subtle green.

Phone came got someone to grab it from outside me door! Looking forward to playing around with it just annoying about screen protector but I'll get one tomorrow.

Don't wanna ruin your privacy, but there's actually IMEI of the phone engraved onto the glass :D Might wanna paint over that similarly to the sticker itself lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Cheers, fixed it now. Not that it makes any difference if people know, more paranoia than anything 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Did anyone living outside of Dublin receive notification of the delivery for today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭rizzee

Did anyone's VF order get cancelled? Ordered Friday evening and got a confirmation number. After some replies here from people who ordered from them too, I got onto chat just to ask is there any expected lead time. They said my order was cancelled and I'll be refunded on the 15th, even though they took my money and I have a successful confirmation message? WTF

I ordered on 5th, and I got my phone today (outside of Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I ordered through three, I don't think they start shipping until the 17th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

S22 Ultra case seems to fit fine.

Same for screen protector.

Just in case you were going to buy something locally, like today.

That's strange. I tried to squeeze mine into Samsung's own s22u clear case with a kickstand, and I was out of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I got mine this morning, ordered on the 1st though.

I went into a shop not long ago and fella mentioned 22 would fit fine heard they where similar just didn't wanna chance it. Is the fit perfect or should just wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,553 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So is the S23 Ultra the best phone that has been produced as of 2023. Seems to be by reviews, it's a beast, zero faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Actually just got an email to say it's been shipped, I only ordered mine Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Button placement seems to be indentical or as near as makes no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fully transferred over now to the S23U from my S22U. Really prefer the new squared sides. Much more grippy.

Device feels a tad heavier than the old one holding then in each hand.

Took me 1hr 45 mins to transfer using smartswitch and cable. Make sure smartswitch is updated on old device before you being or it just adds faffing around.

As for screen protector not too bothered I've been going no screen protector for about 6 months now and I'm the very definition of heavy use. Been climbing through attic space for weeks installing mhrv system and screen is fine. So I'm personally not too frantically concerned. Have a cover for it here so the sides and back are protected.

This is the first text Ive typed on the new device. No obvious difference so far. Maybe subtly zippier but can be in your head too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Got my basic s23 today. Wasn't meant to be dispatched until the 17th. Haven't set it up yet as I can't afford to be without a phone for work.

Why are they getting so scabby of late with no charger or earphones. Pricey enough.

Looks nice.

Edit: need to get a cover. Any ideas on a fold over one?

Edit x2: got a second one. No idea why?

Post edited by gameoverdude on

Got a text this morning and received the phone an hour ago. In Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mine was delivered at 8:45 this morning (Midlands)

Was just down town and picked up a temporary S23 Ultra "military grade" (ummhmm) cover in one of those cheap phone/chinese stuff shops, so I might transfer myself over from my Note 20 Ultra later after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,509 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Just got an email from Samsung there saying that they are releasing the phones early but accessories won't be delivered until the 17th of February.

So I won't be able to charge my phone for a while 😩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Much the same as others

No update on status, no email. DPD text this morning, with phone arriving on its own an hour or so after.

No movement on a couple accessories, though a followup mail showed up in the afternoon saying to expect them Friday if you have ordered any. Safe to say Exertis are just concentrating on getting the hardware out first.

As above, here's the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Played with it a bit, camera is outstanding, feels like a real step up in quality. Phone itself feels hefty in the hand and certainly feels alot zippier when browsing, using apps etc. First impression is that I'm very pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭masterboy123

So first impressions of S23 Ultra compared to S22 Ultra.

1. Feels more solid, sturdy and better built (heavy also).

2. Camera is somehwhat better (need further testing 📸).

3. Its as fast as s22U. 512GB space is coming in handy.

4. Battery seems to be better. Again requires further observation.

5. Charging is quicker!

6. There is a cost cutting on the packaging, which is inferior this time.

Some pictures below 👇😉

S23 Ultra 512GB Cream colour.

Advertisement