Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance and working part time for a short period.

Options
  • 25-12-2022 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi

I will give the full story on my situation to make it clear. Back in September I applied for jobseekers allowance. They misinterpreted my application for some reason and refused it as they thought I was a full time student which was inncorrect. I appealed it and it's been several months and it's still under appeal. 2 months ago I applied for rent supplment allowance as I was advised to do this at the intro office while I am waiting for the appeal. I was awarded the lowest rate. what I am concerned about now is I have been offered part time work of 3 days a week just in January. I don't really want to close my application considering how long it takes to go back on it . Do I need to come off it or can I stay on it and do I need to inform my intro office?

Thanks for any answers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi

Happy Christmas.

I think you meant to say that you applied for Supplementary Welfare Allowance and you got it while waiting for a decision on your Jobseekers claim? If so, then that won’t make any difference to the outcome. If you are working part time then you can still get some Jobseekers for the days your not working, depending on the amount you earn, and just as long as you’re not working any more the 3 days out of 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

Hi, Yes I meant to say Supplementary Welfare Allowance. Yes I got it while I am awaiting the decision. It will be 3 days

or less a week. So do I still need to go into the intro office and tell them about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Yes of course. If you have applied for Jobseekers or any SW payment really and you get a job, even a part time job, then you’ve had a “change of circumstances” and you need to contact SW immediately.

Advertisement