Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55" OLED TV - CS6 SERIES €990

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

How long did the offer last by the way? I’m torturing myself now 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Thanks pad-cam for posting on Friday for this drop on very.ie. Any idea how long for delivery? Says 23rd for me, that seems a bit long. Last time the price dropped seemed to be 3 working days going by people's posts. Any chance of getting them before Patrick's Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Following this thread a while now, can't believe I missed this again, 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Sat on it too long and it was gone when I went to buy it - now I feel like a fool 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭feelings

Feck it, I would have taken one of each! If anyone has a change of heart and doesn't want theirs (the 65 or 55), happy to take it off your hands 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

*trying to remember how to follow a thread lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I really hope we get some sort of confirmation today. Tomorrow is the last day for Samsung cashback deal which I was going to leverage if nothing else came up. If this order ends up not going through AND I miss out on the Samsung cashback I will not be a happy camper.

Anyone that has this tv- how are you getting on with the satellite tuner?

I have connected a feed from my satellite and I don’t have as many channels as I do on my other tv.

The setup on my other tv is I’ve a H7 set top box connected to the tv and the satellite.

Would I just not get as many channels on the tv tuner as the set top box? I’m mostly missing my HD channels.

I’ll post this in satellite’s thread also.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't have this exact model, but a similar LG OLED. If you set the region of the TV to UK and say give it a London Postcode and do a scan, it will basically work the same as a UK Freesat box, which means most channels in HD, in the normal Freesat order.

You can then also scan in the Saorview channels if you have an aerial, though there is a trick you need to do to switch between the Saorview guide and Freesat guide which would be separate.

It isn't as integrated experience as your H7 box, but it is also more straight forward and less trouble to maintain IMO, once you get use to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

What’s the trick?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Basically use the shortcut keys to quickly jump between the Saorview and Freesat menu.

Assuming you have Saorview and Freesat already setup, you'll notice that they each of different menus and it is a bit of a pain to switch betten the two menus.

The trick is to go to RTE 1 on Sarview and then click and hold the number 1 key, so that this channel is saved to the number 1 short cut key. Then switch to the Freesat menu and go to BBC 1 and click and hold the number 2 key to save BBC 1 as a shortcut key 2.

So now to switch between Saorview mode and Freesat mode, just hold 1 for a second or two to jump to RTE 1 and thus Saorview mode or click and hold on number 2 to jump to BBC 1 and thus the Freesat mode.

Writing it out above sounds more complicated then it actually is.

Ah great- I’ll give that a go so.

There can be a bit of maintenance on the H7 for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone get an email from very today cancelling or processing order?

The silence is scaring me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭jj880

The status on my order was changed to this about 45 minutes after I ordered.

But havent heard anything since... 😱

Edit: if they aint gona ship it could do wi the cash back. Paddys Day comin up fast 🍺

The 55" is priced at €1800 now. Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

May just be me as only got the order in at 12 noon on Saturday but got a cancellation email earlier.

55" now higher price than the 65".

Ah ffs. Why would they cancel your order today when the site is showing it in stock? Strange.

Its a lot easier to call it a pricing error if the current price is €1800.

• Advertisement

But but they definitely shipped them at 759 euro a month ago? 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭feelings

Or, they've increased the price only to put it on sale in a few days/weeks at 50% off...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Dayo93

My order status is still " order being processed at warehouse", credit card payment went through today , I placed my order on Friday Night

Mine was revolut. According to the app the money was taken on Friday. I'm guessing it was just blocked off my balance and not "claimed" by very.ie until maybe today same as others here. Im not sure how to check that with revolut. Still same order status also "processing at warehouse".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

I used my credit card and the money was taken on Friday.

Mine was taken on my Curve card on Friday and only appeared on my linked card today.

My order status has changed to "Parcel being packed"

🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Me too 😀 I was a little bit worried as I only placed the order a few minutes before it sold out.

• Advertisement

Advertisement