Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newborn colics and gas- what works

Options
  • 26-12-2022 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All

it helped us so hope this will help new parents with the sleepless nights and poor babies in pain.

just to say as well - none of medications worked for us ( e g Infacol/ Colief/ Gripe Water/ BioGaya etc).

What worked :

1. switching the baby to comfort food ( we use Hipp Comfort Food only sold at Boots in Ireland but I think Aptamil and SMA do comfort food versions as well)
    2. Dr Brown's anti colic bottles ( again I am not here to advertise specific brand, if you use other brand of anti colic bottles I am sure it will work too)
    3. keep the baby straight and burp/ rub their back for at least 30 min before you put them to bed

hope this will help, I hated to see my little one in pain, so happy we found the solution, just wanted to share in case it will be helpful to other poor babies and parents

Advertisement