Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 point warning

• 26-12-2022 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I received a 2 point warning for posting off topic once.

Is this not overly harsh?

It was a new mod. Bagofchips

Post edited by awec on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Big Bag of Chips is a Site Administrator who has been dealing with problems in the Conspiracy Theories Forum for some time both as a Category Mod and now as an Admin

Have you attempted to resolve this with Big Bag of Chips via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

I sent a reply asking if he was seriously giving 2 points for 1 post off topic. He hasn't responded.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please read the instructions at the head of the forum. You are expected to give the mod a couple of days to reply before starting a thread here

"You have received a number of 0 and 1 point warnings across the site. Thecwaenimgs are incremental and you now have received a 2 point warning. Same as other posters in the forum.

Your post added nothing to that thread. I suggest you amend your posting style both in the CT forum and across the site. Otherwise forum/site bans will be the next step"

Now my overly harsh reprimand is not because of problems in the thread. Nor is it because posting off topic is suddenly a serious offence. My 2 point warning is actually because of my points history.

Wishy washy excuses for overly zealous moderation. Sounds like he is looking for an excuse because he knows the punishment doesn't fit the crime

• Advertisement

The moderator also said he has been giving out a week long forum ban along with the 2 point warning for the infraction of posting off topic.

He wanted me to share that I have been let off lightly.

I'm sure there is conversation behind the scenes anyway. He alluded to such. A loaded dice as they say .

His moderation justice is not evenly distributed though. The thread is filled with off topic posts. Not sure why this is

Tonesjones, I have been giving some thought to your account since you started this thread

On the face of it a 2 point warning does seem very harsh for straying off topic. However you have a very poor record since you joined up and the Admin who issued the warning (one who had sanctioned you in the same forum some 2 months ago, so you knew they are not new to the role) took into account your wider record when issuing the sanction, which is an appropriate way to consider sanctions and someone who repeatedly causes problems can expect escalating sanctions

You joined this site just over 7 months ago. During those 7 months you have been unable to post for 2 months due to sitebans picked up for an accumulation of warnings

So you have actually been posting for only 5 months and in that time you have picked up 20 warning points. Mods (including myself on a regular basis) have had to spend a lot of time dealing with you and the problems you have caused. Those warning points were across 19 posts and another 10 zero point warnings have been issued. You have also picked up multiple threadbans

To summarise, you are a troll and a timesink. One we do not need on this site and I am permanently withdrawing your posting privileges.

Resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement