Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent need a recommendation for a car mechanic in Limerick city

• 27-12-2022 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi

My car’s engine light came on . It needs to be towed to a mechanic . Does anyone have any recommendations. Some recommended Car Clinic in windmill street or Pat Murphy in Coonagh . Has anyone used them before . It would be good to hear your experiences

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Aidan Frahill Motor Servicing

Eastlink Business Park Ballysimon.

Check his opening hours - maybe closed until the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Who said to tow it?

EML could be anything. Usually a sensor or relatively straightforward fix. You’ll only know for sure after a diagnostic computer reads the error code

i used to use Brendan butler in rhebogue but now use auto works in eastway business park. Danny and john are honest and fair. Happily recommend them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

I use Seamus McGrath on Sexton Street and wouldn't have an issue in recommending him. Not sure if he'll be open before the New Year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭doireann08

AA came out and said that I need a few EGR valve . Thanks for all your recommendations. I just need to find a mechanic that’s open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Depending on the car and year... the EGR might just need a clean. Hopefully it’s not hard to get at, as labour costs sometimes make cleaning/replacing it a pig of a job.

you’ve a good few recommendations above.. but maybe some of them close until January?

• Advertisement
Advertisement