Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Reception

Options
  • 27-12-2022 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I'm looking for help finding the easiest way to get some tv signal at the house. I have a tv but no external aerial/satellite. Also don't have any internet connection at the house so looking for something that will get me the standard channels. House is near Gweedore Donegal.

The house is a holiday home so only need the basics for when I'm there in the evening and not heading out

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

For the Saorview channels you definitely need an aerial of some sort. Depending on signal strength you might get away with an indoor aerial. I don't know if you can get Freeview channels (UK terrestrial tv) in Gweedore but if it was possible I'd be pretty sure you would need an outdoor aerial.

The only other option is using a satellite dish with a set top box or a tv with a satellite tuner built in. That won't get the Saorview channels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Check check saorview signal coverage here

You will need a suitable areial. Depending on signal strength an indoor aerial or attic areial might be ok but an external aerial will give a stronger signal.

Advertisement