Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What parts do I need to replace?

• 27-12-2022 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I’m not much of a car guy…

Anyone able to tell me what parts I’d need to replace here, what they’re called? This is an Opel Insignia 2014 model.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Dirty Nails

That has enough damage to be written off. Did you get an estimate done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭mk7r

I agree thats likely a write off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Quarter Panel

Possibly Back Bumper plus mountings

Possibly Rear Door

Impossible to tell any more from the one photo, could be suspension / rear chassis leg damage.

As others have said its going to be a write off (assuming its an insurance repair) plus its not really a DIY repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Wasn’t going to be DIY. Waiting on my local guys to have a look but they’re not back yet. Was going to see how much it would cost without going through insurance company. Any ideas what kinda cost it’d be? I understand this is based on a photo so hard to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭mk7r

If there is no suspension damage (hard to tell from the photo) I'd say 3.5-5k which is more than the car is worth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭GSBellew

I'd say you could do it for € 2,500 to € 3,000 using a quarter panel from a scrapyard and assuming the door and bumper are reusable and no suspension damage.

€ 750 for a scrap quarter panel

€ 750 for a man to fit it

€ 1,000 to € 1,500 for materials and a man to paint the door quarter panel and blow in the bumper.

They are probably the lowest possible prices you could get it done for & it would need you to know people who could take on the different parts of the job & for you to strip the car down in the areas requiring repair and reassemble yourself after paint.

If you want to hand it to someone to sort out from start to finish you can add a fair bit to the above and it's heading for the € 5k plus mark easily.

if it's going insurance expect a much higher figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭db

Have a look at the Salvage Rebuilds UK YouTube channel. They do a good few like this and you can see exactly what is involved.

Advertisement