Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your excuse for over eating at Christmas?

• 27-12-2022 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

No doubt most of you will consume excessive amounts of junk food and booze over the festive period. How do you make yourself feel better about it? Or what do you say to excuse the gluttony?

Do you say things like “ah sure it’s Christmas” and “il be good in the new year”? And then proceed to stuff your face each day.

What’s the appeal of eating selection boxes and piles of celebrations/roses/QS? There’s nothing particularly festive about them. You wouldn’t do it any other time of the year either.

Genuinely curious

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Tork

I love them all because I paid for them with cash. Lots and lots of itty bitty 5c coins, counted and handed painstakingly to the checkout operator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I pig out all year so Christmas is no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I hibernate in January, so I need to build up my fat reserves to last me until May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I overeat because of my depression at being an undesirable loner incel. I am 17 stone, at this point I am trying to change my lifestyle but it is hard to kind copes that are as good as overeating and consuming soft drinks. I am thinking about taking up drinking tea or something to distract myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Because it’s Christmas and people are constantly offering me things to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Fcuk all else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Because I want to, I can afford to and I don't have to excuse it to anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

A mountain of food was purchased with extra visitors/mouths to feed over the Christmas period. It has to be consumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

I'm not sure if you're serious, but never think like that!

Don't think...do! We are here.

Regardless of disagreements, we are here for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I don;t. Overeat I mean. Never enjoyed it. And while I eat more at Christmas? Always well under any excess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

Just because it's Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Because all chocolate tastes amazing particularly if it's Ferrero Roche, for me if you don't overeat a little then you've decided that you want to be a miserable and annoying b*stard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Usually would over indulge. Just because it's Christmas and the food and drink is there.

This year, I got, what I assume is the actual flu last Monday and there was three awful days that followed. Since then, almost no appetite.. pouring a glass of Rioja each evening and that's all I can manage. Exhausted, cold and oversleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Chocolate gives me a headache but I am occasionally a fiend for ice cream and most certainly for crisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Tis Christmas like. That said, I am down 13.5kg since the 1st of October, so I took it handy with the Christmas pigging out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Crisps are my downfall too. Specially the six packs for €2.00. I can't seem to go into a shop without buying one these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

lkindIt is lack of opportunity that restrains me most as I am all but housebound and my supplies come in once very two weeks,, Just now.. Severa l kind folk have made such generous gifts of chocolates.. The tins of roses etc...Happy times ahead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Prefer to be where I can slip effortlessly back into my tin of sardines grateful for the sprouts though; plenty of those on the side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭AyeGer

We were supposed to have more people over for Christmas but covid hit and some couldn't come. That left more food for the rest of us to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,452 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My excuse for eating far more than my body needs during the festive to, is because I want to. I really like food and I enjoy putting away as much of it as I like for a week. Drink too.

Today I think I had five full meals and all sorts of snacks in between. I shall sleep very contently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I was sick recently and lost a substantial amouby of weight so my excuse for eating rubbish is that I want to get back to where I don’t look like I’m wearing ill fitting Xmas clothes and I can’t be arse burning another hole in my belt with a heated nail. Pass me more share bags please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭sniperman

my excuse is ....have fun while you can.you might not be here next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Funny thing is ... I have never really been into stuffing myself at Christmas ... I have the dinner eat the odd chocolate have wine and beer but do not do anything OTT ...

I have gone off certain food and drink associated with Christmas in recent years ... certain chocolates ... sherry ... turkey ... ham ... had way too much of them I suppose and the latter 2 gives me hearburn ...

Sort of reminds me of an old ad on TV from the late 1990s ... auntie nora's cake or something was part of it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭bobbyD1978

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭fran38

I'm just after throwing half a family size box of Lemons Seasons Greetings down the bin. Also, some chocolate that I won in a hamper went into the bin as well. I'm tired of the **** feeling after gorging on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Because it's fun and liberating to not have to think about maintaining caloric intake and eat like an 8-year-old at a sleepover for a week.

I already had good supplies of chocolate etc in. Then unexpected gifts came in.. But that means i will not need to buy chocolates for.... a year? And these things keep well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement