Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending large parcel back to Italy?

Options
  • 28-12-2022 12:01am

Hi everyone hope you all had a great Christmas.

Unfortunately I ordered a Stages SB20 exercise bike I had a change of mind and tried to cancel with the company I ordered off but they are insisting on sending me the item and have charged me.

Does anyone have any idea roughly how much it would be to send a parcel 📦 with the following dimensions to Italy.

Stages SB20 box dimensions

Length 117

Height 94

Depth 36

Weight: 75kg

Any ideas of what companies I could contact in order to get a quote to send this item back was arrives at my place? Unfortunately, I don't think it will be cheap.

Comments

What weight is it? That's the important thing

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Handy site that gives you the costs from several couriers. Just enter dimensions, weight and destination.

https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Sorry I've edited my above post to include the weight.

Unfortunately https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/

Won't give me a quote for such a large/heavy item.

From what I have been able to gather it should fit on half a standard pallet which should help lower the cost a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Maybe try removal companies who deal internationally. They would probably be better suited for this kind of load (palleting, lifting equipment, paperwork etc.)

It's going to be pricey though... probably work out cheaper to take delivery and sell it on at a loss rather than ship it back!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

As you are dealing with a business in Italy, there are EU distance selling laws which apply to this transaction. An online search will give you the information you need.

• Advertisement

What's the relevance? You don't have an entitlement to free returns under DSRs...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Stick it up on adverts etc. Would work out handier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

yes, and the company seems to adhering fully to these regulations.

It is for the buyer to arrange and pay for delivery back.

For the OP. This is a pallet delivery. Circa €150-€200 with someone like The Pallet Network.

As above, Adverts/Donedeal might be the best option.

Thanks everyone.

Apparently the delivery is going to be made next week by DPD. Once I get the tracking number I might have a word with them to see if how much it would be to send it back? They don't seem to offer a service for an item that large on my website so I'm not sure if they will be able to help. Although I hope if they can bring an item that large they can also transport one in the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I'd get on to DPD and see if it can be returned to sender now as it may not be in the country.

contact your local depot with the tracking number and see if they can get the international team to stop it

• Advertisement

Just wanted to clarify something if I contact DPD and ask them to cancel the delivery am I still entitled to a refund from the company that I ordered off?

Advertisement