Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A&R 2022 Poster of the Year

• 28-12-2022 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Vote below for the A&R poster of the year 2022

A&R 2022 Poster of the Year 67 votes

Lazaire
    7% 5 votes
    Murph_D Lambay Island & Laineyfreckys for the novices thread
    8% 6 votes
    Murph_D
    29% 20 votes
    Swashbuckler
    22% 15 votes
    FinnC
    31% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

Feel sorry for that poor Lazaire fella. Glad it's not me.

😂🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

never liked him anyway!

Swashy better not win - what has he done around here apart from he's been around here a lot, commenting on everyone's log, commenting on things in the A&R page, keeping the place going in OON's absence, being an all around nice guy and positive presence ........I mean, the man costs me about €500 a year on running shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

And single handedly got you over the 2600 mile mark for the year. Literally dragged you kicking and screaming over the line.

Your evil twin Lazaire. Far more elegant and standoffish. No high fives from Lazaire 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭FinnC

Genuinely didn’t know I was even a part of this poll until now until someone PMd me about it. I don’t ever bother opening threads like this.

Not sure why I’m even included but these things don’t really interest me so Swashbuckler can have my votes as he’s is the only name I recognise from those above.

You were nominated by a few folks on here so thats the reason for being included. No vote transfers I'm afraid! All a bit of fun and some basic recognition of some of the accomplishments and contributions from folks in this fine forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ewc1978

I was someone who nominated you FinnC, apologies if you’re not comfortable or not interested with it, just thought you deserved a nomination, can’t always be those part of the clique who get nominated.

Anyway congrats on the win 😜 lol….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I can't see all 8 people who have already 'thanked' this post but it's interesting how many of the ones I CAN see are brand new accounts that haven't even posted anywhere yet. You don't have to be Miss Marple to see what's going on here. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

It's all a bit of fun, not to be taken so seriously 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Itziger

'Buckler, this place was always kinda cliquey but since the revamp/meltdown, I mean c'mon what are we talking here, 25 or 30 posters? 20 or so of whom know one another well!! So, yeah, cliquier than a very cliquey clique. It is what it is. I wouldn't be getting too upset.

Cliquey implies exclusion. Not the 25 or 30 posters fault that they are the only ones putting in the effort.. Want to be included? Guess what? Mingle! It irks me every time I hear that childish accusation thrown about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I have to agree. There are a few of us who met up for a run a few weeks ago which all of us enjoyed. I was afraid that it seemed 'cliquey' so put up a thread here to invite people to a group run next week. Guess how many of the many Boardsies in the Dublin area expressed an interest....Zero...not one. As you say there is no exclusion but people have to make the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Wottle

I would definitely have joined yous next week but heading to Valencia for a 10k.

I'd also happily act as tour guide for a Bohernabreena reservoir run some weekend

Cliquey as already said sugges excluding other people. The fact is that there probably are only about 25/30 regular posters on here & they keep the forum going by taking the effort to update their logs, comment & encourage fellow runners. I see likes on posts from lurkers but yet they don't post or encourage new people joining the forum. I haven't been on much in the last few months due to personal reasons but before that I would read as many logs as I could & especially try to encourage people. It's all good and well saying we are a clique but at the end of the day if there's no effort made by others then that's on them not us.

Post edited by Laineyfrecks on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Itziger

Folks, I wasn't looking to upset anybody. And I acknowledge that calling a group cliquey comes across as quite negative. I didn't really mean it that way. I do also agree with those saying, Hey, we're the guys keeping the place afloat. I get that. And yet, I feel there's always been a bit of an inner-circle feel to this forum. Now that the numbers have dwindled that has been magnified of course.

Part of the issue is the Dublin-dwellers tend to dominate.

I got a lot from this site especially in threads like the Sub 3 one where there was great sharing of training and advice. I got tired of the Training Logs, ngl. Heck, I got tired of my own before anyone else's!! I still pop in to see some of the general athletics threads. Best of luck to all in 2023 and you never know, I might even bump into a few of ye (Probably in Valencia at the end of the year. Fingers crossed)

Haha always blaming the Dubs😉 Takes more than something like this to upset a thick skinned Tallaght girl😂 I really just wanted to say how I see it. Very best of luck to you this year & maybe I'll get to Valencia some year after reading all the positives about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

@Murph_D there's a chrome extension for boards that makes it look a little more like the old one, including showing who has thanked posts along the bottom. Maybe no use if you're using the app but I've a feeling you're a laptop browser like me 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Clique, schlique. Just people saying hello in the real world, because racing brings us together in the same place from time to time. I've even said hello to some of the cork boardsies at the odd parkrun or race. They always look a bit baffled! 😉 Internet forums are very old fashioned and I've been on a few in my time - this is by far the most inclusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Wottle

I think I may have been guilty of throwing out the clique comment a couple of years ago.

It was very unfair on my part. I was returning from a long absence and guess I expected everything to be the same, it wasn't, people come and go.

I've definitely not posted to the same frequency levels as 2008 to 2010 but I'm glad I've stuck around of late and feel I'm getting to know people.

Building relationships takes time and effort to maintain.

Well I'm from Limerick and I'm clearly the dominant character in these parts so your point is null and void 🤣

All good lad. To be honest my main issue is with emc's original comment. Seemed to be on an antagonising agenda. I know how you intended it....or maybe that's me being cliquey with you. God I'm overthinking everything now that I'm woke to our awful behaviour. I didn't realise I had so much unconscious bias! I need help.

Advertisement