Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help to identify this mixer valve

• 28-12-2022 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Only getting lukewarm water from the shower. Plenty of very hot water everywhere else.

I can’t get a plumber to visit as they are all up to their tonsils with more serious problems at this time of year. I figured if I could identify it I might be able to find disassembly instructions on line and have a go myself.

Note: photos are turned 90degs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭youtheman

Have you tried some basic 'fault finding' first (just in case it's not the mixer).

1. remove the hose and/or shower head and try get a flow directly from the mixer. If that works o.k. then you might have a kinked or partially blocked hose (between the mixer and the shower head).
    2. What kind of flow do you get when you have the mixer turned up max and turned down min. If you get reduced flow in one of these modes then it might indicate a partially blocked hot or cold pipe to the mixer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭ozmo

Had similar problem here - the brass mixer cartridge inside the tap got clogged with hardwater - it was a hassle remove with the one tiny grub screw hidden on the side under sealant.

Managed to get it working for a short time by disassembling the brass cartridge (they unscrew apart) and cleaning in vinegar - but a new one was cheap and was a better long term solution.

There are a few of different sizes - mine was like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Temperature-Control-Replacement-Thermostatic-Cartridge/dp/B09MVRSBWB/

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Thank you. I have managed to dismantle it and I need a new valve. I did a Google Photo search and came up with something close enough that I was able to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Thank you. I have managed to dismantle it and I need a new valve. I did a Google Photo search and came up with something close enough that I was able to follow. I did try cleaning it in lemon juice and it seemed to work but I noticed that it had a small leak when I re-assembled it so going to buy a new one as I don't want to leave the leak unattended to.

Advertisement