Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Framework Laptop - upgradeable and repairable - thoughts?

• 28-12-2022 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new laptop at the moment and over the last year had seen a bit of nosie about Framework laptops - the idea of it being upgradeable and repairable appeals greatly.

They have already released their first upgrade from 11th Gen to 12th gen CPU's.

Has anyone any experience of these?

I do think they are priced a little high compared to similar specs from other brands but the upgradeability does appeal. Also the aluminium chassis is appealing.

For some reason this site won;t let me paste in teh url to the company but a google finds it pretty quickly.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Yes there a laptop company based on the right to repair - if thats suits you they seem a good company

ive seen there stuff on youtube and everything seems to be workable - Linus from linustechtips on youtube invested 125,000 into the company as more of a backing than investment , and there are videos on upgrading the machines on his channel

dell are set to release a " right to repair " laptop this year aswell so the idea is spreading

Advertisement