Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Fault

Options
  • 28-12-2022 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I had a bad leak at a window in my house, my alarm threw up a fault and would not 'arm', the contact at the window was full of water so I assumed it was it that was causing the 'fault' and I replaced it, but the fault did not go. I dropped the trip switch for the alarm and disconnected the battery to see if that would clear the fault, but it didn't. I think I have all the access codes for the panel and I could not find anywhere to clear faults in there either.

I am wondering now did the wires to the contact get wet and cause the problem?

Can I 'bridge out' that window to be able to set the alarm?

If the fault is in the wiring , it it easy to add a wireless contact to the window ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What's the fault your getting when trying to set the alarm?

Advertisement