Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flu - tell me I'm not alone

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Anyone here been diagnosed with sinusitis lately? I had a phone appointment with my GP yesterday. Described my symptoms ( severely blocked nose, unable to breath through it at night, green/yellow mucus, tense ache between the eyes, slightly blurred vision). I have had no fever, or headaches or the usual aches in my bones that I would associate with flu. In my own mind I was convinced it was sinusitis but I was prescribed tamiflu and a nasal spray. I was told it was the leftovers of a virus.

Now I'm not so sure. The medicine has had no effect whatsoever with the exception of the nasal spray but even the effects of that don't last too long before I'm clogged up again. I've had this now since last Friday and it shows no signs of clearing up. I'm reading that tamiflu should only be used in conjunction with the flu and nothing else. Anyone having similar symptoms post Christmas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭50HX

Anything to do with sinus use Neilmed sinus rinse

Sprays can't work if you are completely blocked.

I use to suffer a terror with sinus infections, I ended up with a different gp one day and she had the sinus rinse bottle, showed me how it works and now I use it once a month regardless as I work outside in sometimes dusty environments.

Couldn't recommend it highly enough

I'll look into that thanks very much. I'll try anything at this stage as I can't get any sleep at night and my eyes are closing at work as a result☹️. I should have noted in the earlier post that I received the flu jab back in October.

My apologies, I just scooted back to read the first page and it's turns out a good few of you have the same illness.

Silly me for doubting my doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Yeah mine started out like that. Thought I was getting better finally last week but has since gone into my chest with a banging headache. Doc appointment booked for Thurs. I rarely get winter bugs and this one just won't feck off.

Advertisement