Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation over internal walls

Options
  • 29-12-2022 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

My attic has no insulation directly over the internal concrete walls.

Is it okay for me to buy a roll of insulation and cover the internal walls with it.

I think the builder thought there was no need to insulate it but maybe it has to do with damp prevention

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭dathi

if the walls are protruding into the attic space then they become a cold bridge and you will lose heat from your rooms through them so yes insulate them by draping the fibreglass insulation over them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Open-faced insulation such as glass or rock-wool will insulate it well and also allow the wall to transpire as it needs without locking the moisture at the top face of the wall. Stick 200mm over it, or more if you have it.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TheNewFaith

Thanks the walls always seemed cold but I thought it was just the way they fell.

Advertisement