Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to find Christian groups/community in Ireland?

• 29-12-2022 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I am not originally from Ireland but have been living here in Dublin several years.

I am not rooted to a specific denomination, but would generally avoid heavily conservative-evangelical type churches.

I've attended all kinds of churches in different locations in and around Dublin...but I am really struggling to find opportunities to build friendships/connections with fellow Christians. A lot of mass-offering churches for instance seem to be centred around attending strictly for mass and then going home. At most you can get chatting to people for a couple of minutes but that's about it. When I've inquired about after-service groups, or tried to join volunteering groups...I don't know, it never really amounts to much. Often times information posted online is out of date, or people you speak to at the church meant to get back to you do not....and the few times I have managed to attend such events/groups, they have been sparsely attended, and with almost no one below retirement age - no offence meant, but then there's almost always a big age gap with people I talk to.

Very few things on Meetup/Facebook groups as well..

I think I'm definitely missing something, so any advice on how/where to find opportunities to build friendships with fellow Christians is much appreciated - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That was my experience often too. In my case it was resolved happily .

It seemed that for many their lives and family situations were fully committed.

There are evangelical churches that still believe in a welcoming fellowship. It would be helpful to have aword with someone at the local Bishop's office or office of the actual organisation as they would know the nature of each church. Just say or eg email as you have done here and what you are seeking for your own faith walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Whereabouts are you living? (I seem to have a problem with my post above, sorry)

Advertisement