Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videogame new years resolutions

Options
  • 29-12-2022 5:55pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So what's your videogame new years resolutions.

This year I'll be continuing to avoid monogames open world games which I don't enjoy. Avoided them most of this year and have been really enjoying playing games.

I beat a stupid amount of games this year but I think this year I'll try and play a few more longer form jrpgs. Also would like to sink my teeth into a good western rpg. Maybe the original fallout.

I really want to play more PS2, Wii, DS and 3DS games next year as they've been severely neglected as well as more switch.

Also I want this year to be the year that I finally tackle tactics ogre and finish it with all endings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To actually play games.

Doing those recaps of Switch, PlayStation and Steam revealed how few I played this year.

I'll be happy if I average 1 a month.

Will start next week. Just need to choose where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Last year I set myself a goal of finishing at least one game a month. I almost managed it but missed out on November. I didn't necessarily have to start and finish the game in the month as some I had played through the previous year or got half way through a game one month and finished it the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Top priority is to get my PC up and running again. After that, just to have fun. In other words if I'm finding a game grindy or a chore to play, I'm going to drop it irrespective of its reputation and move onto something else. Life's too short for that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Make/find time to play more. Barely played anything this year compared to other years.

This is surprising to me because after 20 years of shite hours in various hospitality roles, I finally got a 9-5 job this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Want to play and finish more games. That was the plan for this year, but I spent so long with Elden Ring that I struggled to play anything for a while after, and ended up mostly playing Overwatch 1 (before 2 came out).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just going to pick one game at a time and play it, learn how to play it properly from YouTube if necessary and just enjoy it. Relax and get the most from the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The same one I make every year.................Clear my god damn backlog of games 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Yoshitsune

I would like to play more video games from the 6th generation of gaming. I also want to play more of the Nintendo 3ds games this year before the eshop shuts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just play through my backlog unless it’s a game I’ve been looking forward to for ages and avoid sales as much as possible.

Im happy to go with Tears of the Kingdom on Day 1 and there’s a couple of others depending on reviews, but I have enough I want to get through! The FOMO really hits on release week though, especially if it reviews well…I have to be strong!!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

To not spend €600 on the PSVR2 and barely play it. Hope the games will be good enough and of interest to me! Fingers crossed for a Ragnarock launch on release day! They mentioned back in March they were porting to PSVR but nothing since, so I'm hopeful it's a 2 release game, bopping along to Gloryhammer, Alestorm and Wind Rose!

Hopefully it's a metal year. Metal games are lacking. I'm also gonna consider branching out and trying other genres I've overlooked due to previously not liking. Don't see anything changing, but it's a resolution to at least try!

• Advertisement
Advertisement