Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Differential post numbers on profile thumbnail

Options
  • 30-12-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Not greatly technologically minded, and not sure where to ask this trivial and slightly technical question - that has probably been already asked multiple times in different areas (or maybe not coz it's obvious). So hopefully this is the right place:

Why are there two numbers of posts - one at the top and one at the bottom - of everyone's profile thumbnail? (or whatever it's called) :

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I don't think it has been asked before

I think though it is down to how this platform differentiates between "discussions" = threads started, and "comments" = replies to thread started. On the old platform everything was considered "posts"

Hence you will see your postcount below the username has increased by 1 to 1669, whereas the other postcount has remained at 1663 when you started this thread

EDIT - ant my reply here added one to each in my own postcounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

So the difference relates to the number of threads started; the top number is total posts including threads started, the bottom is response comments only, so the difference is the number of threads started. Would that be right? The numbers work out in relation to my account anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Just had a look there, and it seems the number changes confirm your hypothesis.

Thanks Beasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is exactly what it is. this came up not long after the move to Vanilla.

Advertisement