Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shampoo for curly hair

Options
  • 30-12-2022 12:07pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am never sure what shampoo to buy for my curly hair. Recently I started using the Andrew Fitzsimons one for curly hair, from Boots. its ok, I don't dislike it. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

I saw Bumble & Bumble curly hair shampoo recommended, but its very expensive! I don't want to spend €30+ on a shampoo that may not suit my hair. Its so hard to choose shampoos. I am trying to go for a sulphate free one as its better for curly hair.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Shea Moisture brand in Boots is good! I've used their leave in conditioner and it felt really good for my hair. Curls were more defined etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I use a co-wash for my curly hair. As I Am - Dry and Itchy Scalp Care. Despite the fact that I'm washing my hair with conditioner, the hair isn't greasy at all. Sulphate free too. They have a regular Coconut cowash if you don't need the scalp care one. I find the dry and itchy one is the only thing that calms down my insane itchy scalp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think I'm using that brand for the curl definer after I wash it. I can't remember if that's the brand, but I have been using it for a good few months now and it lasts ages! Its nice for defining the curls. I just can't seem to get a shampoo that I like. I started using the Luna hydrate shampoo recently, but I'm not sure I like it that much. I need to get a bit of moisture into my hair so it will do for now. Its sulphate free, but feels like it leaves a residue when I'm rinsing it.

Advertisement