Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When I'm watching a "pan or establishing shot" in a movie it really hurts my eyes.

Options
  • 30-12-2022 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Recently I went to an optometrist and they discovered that I have astigmatism. They gave me glasses and it fixed my blurry vision and short sighted-ness but the motion blur issues are still there.

Let's say you've started watching a movie or TV show and there's this kind of sudden "pan shot" or "establishing shot" of a massive landscape or something. When I watch these kinds of scenes it really hurts my eyes and head. It's quite uncomfortable. Sometimes I have to look away. It's the same when playing an intense FPS video game for example.

I have no idea why this is though? Does it have anything to do with eyesight? I'm a bit bothered by the issue because my glasses haven't solved the issue.

Advertisement