Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone number different on phone settings to actual number

• 30-12-2022 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

So a good while ago I changed provider and ported my phone number.

New SIM came and I put it in the phone and the porting worked. As in calls, texts, etc. using my current number I ported worked.

I'm changing network now again. However, I noticed in the settings on the phone it states the SIM card number and that number is actually different to my phone number which people would use to call and text me etc.

I googled this and apparently new SIMs have their own number and the porting is done via the network so the physical SIM will still show the number the SIM originally is/was.

In saying that, for the new provider I am going with I gave them my current phone number that people can call me on and not the SIM number that shows on the settings on the phone for the SIM.

Just wondering, will this be an issue when changing provider or will it be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its normal, give the new provider the number you give to others today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Perfect, thanks. Yeah, did a Google there, seems very common if you port your number and get a new SIM the number of the new SIM you get comes up on the SIM settings in the phone but it's your old number that's used when someone calls you etc., So presumably it's normal and it's my number I've had years that's on the network system etc.

Advertisement