Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 - 1000 mile challenge - year 14

Options
  • 31-12-2022 12:50pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The new 2023 version of the Google Docs spreadsheet can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oILzBli778BIQSIPL-OSSmX4DmJeDIx3dlJ0tkLJLo0/edit?usp=sharing

Same as previous years we are using Google Docs again, just click on the link above and enter your boardsie name in column A and then how far your total miles are for the year in column C, or if you count in kilometers enter that in column D. If you want you can also enter you age/ gender category in column B and don't forget to update that if you've passed a significant date as I just copied and pasted from the previous years spreadsheet. Your ranking amongst the boardsies is shown on the Positions sheet.

Do not edit any other columns, except for the completion date when you have done your 1000miles. I have manually added the people who had edit access to the locked tab again for this year, and if there is anyone else who wants access to that then you'll need to PM me your Google email address so that I can enable access.

As always, there will be somewhere that I have messed up with the calculations with the number of days in the year or having the wrong year in one of the lines. I tried to find them all, but let me know if you spot an error and I'll get it fixed.

Post edited by RacoonQueen on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭winstonia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

Thanks a mill @robinph for keeping this going.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

@robinph saw the 2022 sheet, said I would give the 2023 log a go. Thanks for the sheet it's handy enough to roll with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Through 1000 miles today, 11 days ahead of last year. Now hopefully the rest of the year doesn't follow last year and I get COVID and suffer a collapse in mileage and motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Haven't hit 1,000 yet this year but I did pass 20,000 'lifetime' miles (ie since 2012) the week before last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

A beautiful 14 miles this morning to push me through a 1000 miles so far this year, delighted to have some proper consistency at the start of a year for a change with no injuries. Onwards..

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

13 miles along the Nervion estuary in Bilbao this morning, The first mile took the year's total past 1,000. Two days earlier than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Passed 1,000 miles today in my favourite place to run the Phoenix park 🤗

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Passed the 1,000 mark this morning in St Anne's. The first time I have managed it since 2019 and 3 and a half months sooner than my previous best of Sept 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Hit 1000 miles today, 120 runs over 135 hours. Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Wottle

Hit a 1,000 miles this morning, 25 days later than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Just realised I hit 1,000 for the year yesterday on a slow, uneventful recovery plod.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My mileage is waaaay down on even my relatively low mileage previous years. Today I just managed to get over 500km for the year so far. I have a lot of catching up to do, but work hours reorganised themself a bit better from this week for me now to be able to get in more running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Finally through 1000 miles, never hit this number so early in the year, fingers crossed that I can continue to build with my marathon training block for Chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Passed the 1,000 miles this morning. About 4 months earlier than last year, and a month better than my previous best.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheRef

Passed 1000 miles yesterday, 45 days earlier than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Classic21

Just passed the 1000 miles. I should have had passed the date earlier but work commitments in May/June killed my momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

just joined and entered on he spreadsheet.

Closing in on 1,000kms, which is incredible for me - i'm always plagued by injury but feeling strong this year. Aiming for DCM (my first marathon) if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

Passed 1,000 miles last week. Must check how it compares to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Passed 1000 miles this morning at the start of my LSR. Seven weeks earlier than my first 1000 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭winstonia

Yay, over 1000 for the first time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Delighted to get over the 1000 miles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

A cool crisp 7 miles to push me through 2000 miles for the year so far. Delighted with the consistency this year, can’t wait for DCM now.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭py

Crossed the 1,000 mile mark today, almost 5 months behind last year. I was not sure I would get there this year due to injuries. Hoping for a better year in 2024 with a view to hitting the 2,000 mile mark 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

A rather hung over run along Puerto Del Carmen's seafront, got me across the line for my 4th year in a row. Interesting fact, a large local beer contains roughly 15g of carbs and is best taken with breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Past 1000 miles this morning relatively pleasant 10miler this morning.

I'm on 1622km for the year, and my Strava total is 1885km, so as you can tell I've slightly upped my game this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Passed 2,000 miles early this week, really happy with the consistency again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheRef

Just went through the 2000 mile mark for the year. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

passed 2000 miles (3220km) this morning, 1550km more than this time last year. Very happy with how 2023 has panned out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭BOB81

1002 miles for the year during my long run this morning, this wasn't a goal starting the year but here we are and happy with the last few months training. Highest previous yearly mileage was 2020 (1300 miles)

Advertisement