Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vector Optics Veyron Scope

Options
  • 01-01-2023 7:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience with this scope?

Reviews seem good on YT. Budget Scope but built better than it’s priced.

Will be paired to a Ruger 10/22 .22 LR for what I think will be max 100yard shooting.

Beginner but I’d rather spend a little bit extra now for something that I can grow into if that makes sense.

Unless anyone has something similar for sale?

They will deliver to Ireland for £25

https://www.vector-air.co.uk/product-page/vector-optics-veyron-4-16x44-ffp-ir-scope-scff-38

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

just weigh off possible fees when buying from UK, VAT, Customs an post they may all want a slice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes agreed. I may get it delivered to a mate up in NI to avoid any possible issues.

Is it worth spending for it though?

Any better options from a local retailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Vector seem to be making good well priced optics, never had a scope but have had red dot, and wouldn't have a problem buying Vector again.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

I've bought most of my scopes from Optics Trade .eu

Never an issue. They are in Slovenia so no taxes and delivery usually in less than a week.

That scope is likely fine for a 10 22. However, a painful lesson many of us learn is to cry once and buy once. Another hundred or so gets you into the more proven brands. Keep in mind that you may eventually trade up to a bigger calibre. That scope won't survive on heavier calibres like 223, 243 or 308.

I tend to buy good quality glass and move it on to the next rifle etc. For example I have a vortex crossfire red dot on my ruger 22 45 now that was previously on a slug gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Ran a vector optics on a full bore rifle for 3 years and only took it off to replace it with a strike eagle, so i would strongly disagree with that base line stuff with them have a 5 year warranty and the higher end stuff has a lifetime warranty

Look at these guys for optics theyre in san marino so no import tax etc , youll get a diamondback tactical for similar money...(import tax etc)

Currently 332.10 euro for a 4-16x44 diamondback tactical ffp on their site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭freddieot

Certainly you can have good experiences with lower priced optics. My personal experiences have been a Deben Scope reticle falling apart after only a few months on my 22, followed by a Hawke Scope magnification ring breaking on my 223.

That looks like a great website. Have you ordered anything from them in the last year and got it through Customs okay without hassle or charges ? The reason I ask is that San Marino is not in the EU or the Customs Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

San marino has a customs agreement with the EU.....

Personally never liked Hawke scopes, I would put the vector optics above them in terms of build quality, I have 2 vector optics scopes a marksman and a taurus both FFP and no issues with either

Lower priced optics is all about picking the right optic yourself vector have a good reputation and a warranty...

Advertisement