Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message/premonition of my own death

Options
  • 02-01-2023 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In March of 1987 I moved to a new town looking for a place to live. I set up camp in a government campsite, choosing the best campsite of all the sites because it was winter and no one else was there. That particular site was in the process of being decommissioned because the hillside it was situated above was slowly collapsing, so it no longer had a number assigned to it like all the others. I wanted a way for people to be able to find me if they had a place for rent; this was in pre-cellphone times and I was optimistic. Since my site was located between sites #89 and 90, I carved a small sign in the approximate shape of a pointing hand with 89 1/2 on it. I found a place to live the next day and though I didn't need the sign, I kept it.

Two years later, in the summer, I was on the shore of a nearby island when I "heard" a message in my mind: "We don't mean to bug you, but you are halfway through your present lifecycle." I was 34 years old. I thought it was odd (no kidding) but realized the only way I'd ever know the veracity of the message would be if I die when I'm 68 or if it's false and I live to be at least 69. My birthday is in late February and the message came at the height of summer, so if it were true I could live well into the end of my year of being 68. I also reflected that I had had a good life so far and my circumstances were the best I could imagine, so another 34 years? Gravy! I put it out of my mind.

A couple of weeks later I was relaxing in my cabin and looked at the sign I'd carved 2 years previous and noticed something curious: the 89 corresponded with the present year and the 1/2 corresponded with the message. 1/2 way through my life in 1989! I chuckled at the coincidence but then noticed that if I turned the sign upside down, it read 68, the age the message gave as my final one. Hmmm.

I'm now 67 years old; my 68th birthday is coming up. The last 34 years have been, indeed, "gravy". If the prophecy is true, I have about a year left to live. The best solutions I have come up with are: #1- nothing happens, #2- I die but am revived.

One more thing not associated with the original story: while talking with a friend who died recently, we learned that his mom died on the date mine was born on, February 11, and was born on the day mine died- October 17. It is an weird bit of coincidence made weirder after he also died on October 17. If there were such a thing as symmetry in a situation like this, I'd die on February 11.

I'm not afraid of dying, but my wife and I are still madly in love after 35 years together and I'd rather spare her the grief of losing me. Barring us accidentally dying together and we're not into suicide, the situation sucks.

Any feedback?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement