Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draught excluder - what is the difference?

Options
  • 02-01-2023 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Lidl v. Aldi. What is the difference between the two besides the price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,756 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The right hand one seems to suggest it has two lengths of it. It would seem to be the same product

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

These are brilliant at stopping spring loaded doors from slamming. I actually need to replace one so thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,269 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cats rip them to shreds...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

I put one of them on the door to the office at work and could not believe the difference for such a cheap price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

These sorts of things can be decent. Depends on the door, floor, and whether there's a rug in the opening arc.

Buy a few while you can, because you'll end up going through them, and also pick up some double-sided tape to re-affix battered ones to the bottom.

As for the specific difference, depends on length and number of units per pack. They're pretty similar. Keep your cut-offs: with the tape, they can add up.

That said, best one I have is a nearly 20 quid yoke from Woodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The difference: the Aldi foam is thicker in diameter and slightly better quality. Don't think it's worth double the price though

Advertisement