Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strength and Conditioning classes for Runners

Options
  • 02-01-2023 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, Im a relative novice runner. I spent 2022 mostly injured and missed out on a lot of targeted races. Determined to incorporate more S&C into my training this year.

Was wondering does anyone have any advice or recommendations of some runners s&c classes to attend in the Dublin area?

Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm a novice runner and both of my local gyms do these classes.

If you specify an area you might get better recommendations, I certainly would not be bothering traveling across the county for a class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Having done classes like these before. I would recommend reformer pilates as ones of the best classes for S&C for running. Expensive but great return on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Conjack76

I also joined a local gym in Jan with this sole purpose in mind - simply asked the trainer to set out out a plan to help me with core strengthening, hamstrings, glutes etc. It's not too vigorous - do it 2-3 times a week (all within 40mins) and compliments the running and cycling. Joining an AC has been the biggest difference though. Spent years hammering away on my own and I'm now running with better focus & purpose. Would recommend highly.

Advertisement