Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in Asia

Options
  • 02-01-2023 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am thinking of studying abroad in Asia and looking into how I can do it. Would I be covered by the SUSI grant if I study abroad? I am thinking on studying either Physics or engineering at a university in Japan or Taiwan.

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I dont think the susi would.

why would you want to study in asia? Apart from huge costs, language barrier, conversion of qualification and post graduate study, I reckon a qualification in Canada would be the most sought for physics. Obvious mass, Princeton, berkley, Oxford and Cambridge would trump Tokyo or Taiwan.

fees and expenses would be huge. Why not take advantage of Ireland free university fees. But it would be exciting. I found this document that has scholarships and grants for Taiwan university https://www.roc-taiwan.org/ie_en/cat/13.html

best of luck with it. Sounds like an adventure

Advertisement