Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning of waste

Options
  • 02-01-2023 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Iv heard that helicopters are used to detect burning of waste is this ture surly not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

No, they put chalk markings outside your house or cable ties on your gates.

Oh wait - that's is to tell you you will be burgled.

Oh wait - in the pandemic it was to say that your dog will be stolen

The conspiracy forum is behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Blues14

I take that as a no😄

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Drones are used by some councils for detection of illegal dumping, wouldn't take much for them to target burning of waste.

This helicopter theory been around for years just wondering if it’s ture or not

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

possible, but highly unlikely, one hell of an expensive approach for such....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Are you talking about burning of bushes or domestic waste?

Both

• Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The only use of helicopters I am aware of in the context of burning waste was in gathering evidence.

This would have been in cases where the activity had been detected and pictures were required to show the extent of the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

I remember this used to be done during the boom about 15 years ago. Although there were more helicopters than birds in the sky back then, so maybe it was a myth. They were followed up by car visits and people were fined, that part definitely happened. Back then car loads of people used to turn up to farms to check on other activities also and I know people who ended up in court for minor issues following such visits. The bust ended all of that and probably also the widespread threats these people received.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

And there are little white vans going about with small aerials on top, which can detect if you have a TV apparatus in your gaff...

• Advertisement
Advertisement