Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW20 - Transfer Thread (double trouble)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

no wonder they are trying to rush wout in, could be a big gamble for me now to pick him over martial

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Salah, Greenwood & Šarkić out for Eriksen, Kane & Raya for a -4.

Bench boost activated.

Raya, Ward

Tripp, Saliba, Shaw, Bueno, Andersen

KDB, Eriksen, Rashford, Martinelli, Andreas

EBH (C), Kane (VC), Mitro

Pretty happy tbh. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Yeh. The Wild really is more of a long term thing rather than just 1 DGW which I don't think will yield high points based on the fixtures.

I'll put Henry in for White though. He has Bournemouth at home so would make sense for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

What's the story with Toney? Is he getting banned or what? I prematurely took him out of my team a few weeks ago thinking he was going to be banned a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah annoyed with the Toney thing. Had him all last season and this up until Crimbo. Left him out since the break, could’ve done with his points tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Too strong? You do realise who they have played? Burnley Forest Wolves Bournmouth Everton and Charlton. City will wipe the floor with the all aboard the TC Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I'm torturing myself now with the decision to go with Toney over Mitro. Are we convinced he will definitely start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

If he's due a suspension I'm sure they're more than happy to get as many minutes as possible out of him if he's fit. I'm benching Mitro.

Update on my own transfer. Went Collins --> Doherty in the end. Still have Cancelo. Surely he gets minutes over the two games.

Fair point 😂

(Cue "There's no such thing as an easy game in the premier League" overused expression)

Still, I think there'll be better weeks to TC Haaland. Best of luck with it though!

Edited to add: there's also the curse of the 12.30 kick off to consider 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

ETH said martial trained today and it's only a small problem, they just want to wait to see how he reacts hence the yellow flag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I was thinking the same as think he'll do well.

Haaland at home to Spurs could have a field day though.

Had 1 FT

Already did Digne to Shaw earlier in the week - kinda of a rage transfer I wish I didn't do as he'll prob play tonight. Long term good choice.

Looking at a -8 now though.

Darwin (injury) & Cancelo (dropped?) out

Kane & 6.0 defender in. Any ideas?

City too unpredictable and sideways, Doherty meh. Botman? (would like a DGWer but maybe an option)

No one else really jumping out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saka flagged now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

FWIW I am going to stick with Cancelo, surely he gets some meaningful game time with the double. Dont think pep will trust lewis considering the opposition and with stones out for at least one game, feel like taking him out in a DGW for a hit just doesnt sit well. However very clear this rolling the dice which is always dangerous in Pep roulette.....be prepared for 2 10min cameos 😀

7 away goals out of 8 PL away games, and City have dropped 7 points on the road. (I'm trying to convince myself that now is not the time)

I think they'll hockey Spurs on Thursday because of the extra rest and I fully expect Arsenal to run Spurs ragged (much more than United will run City).

Why are a lot of people getting in Doherty this week? I don't see two cs for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Personally only got Doherty in as I had a FT, needed someone cheap for Patterson and I dont really see many clean sheets this gameweek anyway so dont really care if he does anything! He's likely to pop up with an assist here and there, then again he's equally likely to be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Need to pick a defender between Botman & Cucurella. Cucurella seems to have fallen out of favour with Potter but Chelsea look to have a decent home fixture this week and surely they can go one week without conceding. Similarly with Newcastle they have a decent home fixture but I already have Trippier & Almiron starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Does this mean that Dias is fit too? That could throw a spanner in the works, albeit not so much for this DGW, but more long term.

I think I'm going to TC Haaland. It's probably the best time to TC Haaland if you're going to do it, IMO. Also I wouldn't overthink TC as I think the FH and BB are stronger chips with potential for more points. FH can give you 11 new players, BB gives you 4 extra players, TC gives you 1 extra.

As Man City are now out of the League Cup, this means that they definitely will play Bournemouth in GW25 (the game of the final) and so they won't have a DGW with Bournemouth in it anymore and was predicted. The other potential DGW relies on Man City beating Arsenal in the FA Cup and an other, I think.

Haaland will have a DGW in 23 also and the Villa game is attractive (although Emery should have Villa better set up defensively by then maybe) and Arsenal away. But importanly here, there is only 3 days between those games, with CL looming, and there is 5 days between the games in DGW20.

And lastly, we know that Haaland is fit now. We don't know if he will be fit in a few months time, or will he be rotated because of CL, league wrapped up/gone etc. Man City have to win their next 2 league games. They need Halaand playing 90 mins in both, and scoring in both.

Now there is also an argument to TC Rashford...... Is that bold, brave or stupid? Backing against Haaland si risky but can pay off very rewardingly when done at the right time.

I am flip flopping between Haaland and Rashford for the captaincy, never mind TC.

Not sure if Rashford is the right choice but he's in incredible form at the moment and I fancy United tomorrow.

Haaland v Spurs is a different game completely though. Just something putting me off Haaland this GW.

Huge upside to Rashford if he hits and Haaland doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Gonna TC Rashford, 60 points behind in my friends league where everyone else will captain Haaland and I think utd will beat city so will take the gamble :)

Very dangerous to back against Haaland. I learnt my lesson in GW1 when I captained Kane instead of him, and literally everybody in my mini league captained Haaland for a 26 point haul. Couldn't afford to swap him for Kane in GW2 either so I'm literally playing catch-up ever since.

I think Haaland will be raring to go for this DGW. I can see Spurs taking a few points of Arsenal too so two wins for City is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Same reason. Cost me nothing. Cancelo then out for Shaw being the alternative but I wouldn't be expecting two clean sheets for Shaw and felt like holding Cancelo for the double just in case.

Yeah I'm very aware of that, my season turned for the worse in the reverse fixture - took KDB out for Salah and put the armband on Mo. Haaland got a HT and KDB returned very well too.

That cost me about 50 points I'd say and have been playing catch up since. Haven't really enjoyed the season for a number of reasons, feels v difficult to make gains and very easy to slide down the OR. Ultimately it's bad decisions..

So with that in mind, Rashford TC. Locked and loaded. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Season gone to pot really. Can't really get the marginal decisions right. It is what it is.

Darwin ---> Mbeumo (like others, I expected Toney to be banned or more injured)

Foden ---> KDB

Haaland TC

Fully expect Foden to start and bang now, purely because of this move. there is no good reason for him to be starting given his form, but Pep will likely be Pep. But I went with the logic.

Haaland TC just because why not? He'll have 5 days rest between games and there are no cup games to worry about. as likely as you'll ever be to get 180 minutes out of the best player in the game for a GW. Utd aren't as good as many have you believe, and Spurs have given away a ludicrous amount of chances in the centre of their defence.

But sure, bring on the pain.

Good luck all.

Kepa

Akanji Varane Trippier

Martinelli Rashford Salah KDB

Mbeumo Haaland Mitro

Subs: Ward White Andreas Patterson

I'm not too strung up on the TC tbh, I think I'll play it anyways.

It's more the Haaland or Rashford decision. I think Man City are very worried about Rashford and then Rashford also has the Palace game which he could get a couple in.

In terms of backing against Haaland, I've done it a few times. These are the base points

GW19 - Mitro (5) v Haaland (2) ✅

GW16 - Salah (2) v Haaland (1) ✅

GW15 - Salah (15) v Haaland (5) ✅

GW13 - Foden (1) v Haaland (13) ❌

GW11 - Martinelli (3) v Haaland (2) ✅

GW9 - Maddison (18) v Haaland (23) ❌

GW5 - Salah (10) v Haaland (17) ❌

GW4 - Salah (3) v Haaland (17) ❌

GW3 - Jesus (4) v Haaland (6) ❌

GW1 - Salah (12) v Haaland (13) ❌

There are some gains to make up there, it's just about making the correct choice. Like in some examples above, I chose the correct week to back against him, just chose the wrong captain. Some weeks, I got it horribly wrong! Some are extremely close.

Really really confused about the TC now. One minute its definitely Haaland, the next I'm thinking it has to be Rashford!

Can someone make a decison for me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The one week I make an early transfer due to funds and Stones is injured. Cue Cancelo getting a 20 point haul now.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Any chance of early Villa team news? Worried Digne wont start with this new signing.

• Advertisement

My team for the week, (-8):

Raya

Gabriel Trippier Shaw

KDB Almiron Martinelli Rashford Olise

Mitro Haaland (C)

Bench: Sanchez Nketiah Ream Patterson

Coin toss between Ream and Gabriel, both won't be keeping clean sheets I'd wager.

Advertisement