Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ken Block has sadly died

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭[Steve]

Always entertaining with his antics in crazy vehicles like that 1400hp mustang around LA. Major loss to the auto scene. Sad to see what he had last posted on twitter to re: his daughter.

RIP Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

This one hit me. I remember stumbling across the first Gymkhana on YouTube, being a massive Subaru fan of course I'm going to watch someone booting one around the place. I'm a big fan of the Colin McRae DiRT series, he was basically the face of DiRT 2 and Gymkhana was a part of DiRT 3. I haven't kept up with the more recent Gymkhana videos or all his mad Hoonigan antics but he was always on my radar in recent years as I follow Subaru Rally USA and their Launch Control series on YouTube, it was nice to see him back in an Impreza this year albeit for a different team. Looks like he was doing some stuff with Audi too.

Something a lot of people don't know, he was the co-founder of DC Shoes.

A few years ago I won a Ken Block Ford Focus remote control car from Monster Energy, the thing could hit 50-60kph, proper enthusiast stuff. The packaging was signed by the man himself and I believe the body shell was limited edition. I very regrettably had to sell it for money as I was unemployed at the time. The car, battery and charger were worth something like €700. Didn't even get a chance to mod the tyres or suspension to take it off road or drift it properly...

Of course all my Impreza/Focus in Gran Turismo 7 have various Ken Block liveries.

He seemed to have a lot of fun with what he was doing, the TRAX Subaru or Gymkhana 2.1 are good examples of that and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. I'm surprised by how many people are talking about him, seems people enjoyed his shenanigans even if they weren't petrol heads. He'll definitely be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

I only started following him in the last month. Amazing stunts. I saw his last Instagram post, before I heard the news.

Advertisement