Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60% Cash 40% Shares, where to park the cash until the market significantly breaks the MOAT?

Options
  • 03-01-2023 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭

With inflation being what it is I'd rather not leave my cash sitting idle but i believe a recession /depression is inevitable in the US where most of my funds are invested.

My 40% is in IT's and one stock (PERI) which I have high conviction in the long term, and given taxation on disposals i'm happy to let them sit.

For the remaining funds plus monthly additions where would you put them? I see degiro has bonds but I have no real understanding of how they work. I have read government ones are low risk but am not sure about taxation rules on disposal and how disposal actually works, do i have to wait until maturity for example and do i get paid interest along the way or only at maturity?.

I looked at warrants and they seem to be like buying options to a large extent, high risk but potentially high reward without the crazy high risk of selling options.

Any advice?

NB : For those unfamiliar with the term MOAT (Mother Of All Trends), it's what people are calling the red line.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement