Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalidity Pension and CE scheme

Options
  • 03-01-2023 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I have been on invalidity pension for the past number of years due to a severe cancer diagnosis. Now though I finally feel well enough to work a few hours a week and would like to try anyhow- but I am clueless as to how to go about this? Do I contact the department directly - my concern what if it doesn't work out will I lose out on an income source?

Could I take up a CE scheme as my confidence has been knocked completely and I feel like I need to begin at a starter level of work/retrain?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi Claire. I've been doing research into this but in reverse. My recent posts are on this forum. In relation to your question you can take up a CE Scheme but there are a number of eligiblity criteria.

Roles for these schemes are advertised & not all would suit. My advice would be to talk directly with the Department or your local intero centre. If you found a vacancy & were accepted & you took it up, my understanding is your IP payment is suspended but any additional allowances you have are retained, if the CE SCHEME didn't work out or you finish it, your IP payment is reinstated. But please double check this.

It's not straight forward as I've found out so you need to be sure before deciding.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/employment_support_schemes/community_employment_scheme.html#l9fb3d

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's fairly straightforward op , talk to your local office who can advise what schemes are available and what may suit your needs,you do come off your Payment because once your accepted on to a scheme the scheme then pays you depending on what level payment your on now ,

Depending on the scheme you can get 3-5 years training and employment which helps get alot of people back to either employment or further education,

When you finish your payment can be restored usually within a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 9 claire1209

Thanks so much for the replies . I have been accepted to a CE scheme abd plan to go into the Intreo office tomorrow to find out exactly what I need to do now to swap from IP to CE. !

Advertisement